Multiple plugins in the extensibility configurations in the same eSpace

Multiple plugins in the extensibility configurations in the same eSpace

Hello community!

I intend to do some new experiments with P10 and I was wondering if is possible to import multiple Cordova plugins in the extensibility configurations (instead of having one plugin per eSpace and be able to create dependencies between plugins if needed). 

If so, can someone show me the syntax?

Thank you in advance!

Hi Gonçalo,

There is no way of doing that. The reason is that in architectural terms it's good practice to always have your plugins in different applications, so that they can be re-utilized for other applications.

The structure should be something like this:

Thank You,

Bruno Grácio

Hi Bruno.

First of all, thank you for your answer.

The pattern you just illustrated is the one that I usually use. But my question was really to check if we have another way to do it and a way to create dependencies needed for a certain plugin (imagine a plugin A depends on a B to work for example in iOS) and what's the correct way to implement a pattern for an edge case like this.

Thank you!

Solution

Hi Gonçalo,

If your plugin A just have a OutSystems dependency from the plugin B, then you just have to go to your plugin A home module (in Service Studio) and click in the "Manage dependencies" icon to add the dependency between them. In the end, when you add the plugin A to your mobile app, your plugin B will be also included.

However, if the plugin A has some native dependencies from the plugin B, then the best way to do this is to edit the plugin.xml file from the plugin A (like this).

I hope this helped you,

Thank You,

Bruno Grácio

Solution

Hi Bruno.

Thanks a lot for the explanation, it was very useful.

Cheers,

GM