IdP setup

Do I need to add our outsystems app URL as a relying trusted party in our AD FS server to get the IdP plugin to work?

Thanks,

Daniel Brooks

Solution

Hi Daniel,

You need to configure the IdP connector on ADFS server. I believe that you can upload the XML metadata of a SAML Service Provider providing on ADFS and its done. There are some online tools that can generate that XML metadata where you previous can introduce your SP information: EntityID, Endpoints (Attribute Consume Service Endpoint, Single Logout Service Endpoint), its public X.509 cert, NameId Format, Organization info and Contact info.

Regards.

Solution

Telmo Martins wrote:

Hi Daniel,

You need to configure the IdP connector on ADFS server. I believe that you can upload the XML metadata of a SAML Service Provider providing on ADFS and its done. There are some online tools that can generate that XML metadata where you previous can introduce your SP information: EntityID, Endpoints (Attribute Consume Service Endpoint, Single Logout Service Endpoint), its public X.509 cert, NameId Format, Organization info and Contact info.

Regards.

Thank you for your reply.  Do you have any examples of customers setting up the Relying Party Trust in the ADFS server (manual setup or import metadata)?

Apologies if this was mentioned previous but how does one become an IdP_Administrator so that the site property of Idp_SSO_IsActive returns TRUE instead of FALSE?

Thank you for your help. 

Katerina

Katerina Perry wrote:

Apologies if this was mentioned previous but how does one become an IdP_Administrator so that the site property of Idp_SSO_IsActive returns TRUE instead of FALSE?

Thank you for your help. 

Katerina

Head to http(s)://[your server].com/Users/ to add a local user to the role you want.

Curious, what did you enter for the IdP Users Information Mappings in the IdP configuration page?

Daniel Brooks wrote:

Katerina Perry wrote:

Thank you for your help. 

Katerina

Head to http(s)://[your server].com/Users/ to add a local user to the role you want.

Curious, what did you enter for the IdP Users Information Mappings in the IdP configuration page?

Daniel, I didn't, missed that step and when I went back through the instructions after debugging countless times I realized there was nothing authenticating the users hence the FALSE result. Thank you, I will try this immediately. 

Katerina Perry wrote:

Daniel Brooks wrote:

Katerina Perry wrote:

Thank you for your help. 

Katerina

Daniel, I didn't, missed that step and when I went back through the instructions after debugging countless times I realized there was nothing authenticating the users hence the FALSE result. Thank you, I will try this immediately. 

Ahh  .  This IdP integration is really tricky.  Learning the terms is just 1/3rd of the battle!

Good luck!

Daniel Brooks wrote:

Katerina Perry wrote:

Daniel Brooks wrote:

Katerina Perry wrote:

Thank you for your help. 

Katerina

Ahh  .  This IdP integration is really tricky.  Learning the terms is just 1/3rd of the battle!

Good luck!

Thank you.