Licensing error: publishing application to new environment.

Licensing error: publishing application to new environment.

Dear all,

I am facing some issue deploying my application. I fixed all errors and still facing an issue to deploy my application:

This is the error I got in Service Studio:

Error message from node azr-outfe-01 (127.0.0.1): Internal Error
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: s
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
   at System.IO.StringReader..ctor(String s)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.DeployService.Deploy.#M4e(String espaceName, Boolean isMTeSpace, String testAreaName, Boolean partial, String uniqueId)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.DeployService.Deploy.#K4e(String espaceName, String espaceKey, Int32 espaceVersionId, Boolean fromSS, Boolean developmentMode, String testAreaUser, Boolean partial, DateTime lastZipTimestamp, String uniqueId, IEnumerable`1 onDeployInvokeUrls)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.DeployService.Deploy.#D4e(DeployEspaceChangeVdirMsg deployEspaceChangeVdirMsg)
CompModule : Broadcast Message

This is the error log i got in Service Center, it keeps generating this error and stops until I removed the whole module from the environment.

Error Detail
Back to Log
Id:
d0dcf03a-4a30-411c-839c-3e7d4591064f
Time of Log:
2017-07-26 06:32:33
eSpace:

Tenant:

User:

Session Id:

Server:
AZR-OUTFE-01
Module:
Licensing

Licensing Error: The eSpace 'HRPerfEvaluation' Oml stored in the database does not match the one published. Republish the eSpace to fix the problem. (Empty Hash)

Environment InformationeSpaceVer: 0 (Id=0, PubId=0, CompiledWith=9.1.601.0)
RequestUrl:  (Method: )
AppDomain: CompilerService.exe
Path: C:\...\PS\
Locale:
DateFormat: yyyy-MM-dd
PID: 1332 ('CompilerService', Started='7/26/2017 6:16:51 AM', Priv=100Mb, Virt=627Mb)
TID: 10
Thread Name: Activation 'SoftwareUnits' Thread
.NET: 4.0.30319.42000

Hi Ab,

can you please try deleting the espace from service center and republish it through Service Studio?

Regards

-PJ-

Pramod Jain wrote:

Hi Ab,

can you please try deleting the espace from service center and republish it through Service Studio?

Regards

-PJ-

Hi Pramod,

Tried this already several time, unfortunately without success.

Hello Ab,

What server version are you working on?

This message seems related to you reaching the limit in "software units" available on your server due your license.

But at least since version 9.1 that they changed the metric from software units to application objects.

Cheers,

Eduardo

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Ab,

What server version are you working on?

This message seems related to you reaching the limit in "software units" available on your server due your license.

But at least since version 9.1 that they changed the metric from software units to application objects.

Cheers,

Eduardo

Hi Eduardo,

We are running on PlatformServer v9.1.601.0.

Can I do something about the reached limits? Please advice in here.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Ab

Hi, some questions.

Did you try to publish the module from within Service Center?

Is this module from another server, with a different version? 

It worked before and now it is not working or from the start it never worked (given the error messages you show?)

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi, some questions.

Did you try to publish the module from within Service Center?

Is this module from another server, with a different version? 

It worked before and now it is not working or from the start it never worked (given the error messages you show?)

Hi Eduardo,

I published from Service Center, with no success.

I published from Service Studio, with no success.

It worked before and still works on another server that's running on the same plaformserver version.
I must say that I did some modifications, but only on application level.

Regards,

Ab

So, you are trying to bring this module from another server?

The module worked before in the actual server?

The license type on both servers are the same? They are in the same infrastructure or you had to pass the solution through the IPP?

Hi Ab,

You can also try to publish the version before you made modifications.

Regards

-PJ-

Ab,

I would say that in the actual server, you have a license based on software units, and you are reaching the limit. 

You can check this on Service Center, under License

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

So, you are trying to bring this module from another server?

The module worked before in the actual server?

The license type on both servers are the same? They are in the same infrastructure or you had to pass the solution through the IPP?

1. Yes that's correct.

2. Module worked before.

3. We changed from a cloud solution to an on-premise solution, this to be able to use AD SSO.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Ab,

I would say that in the actual server, you have a license based on software units, and you are reaching the limit. 

You can check this on Service Center, under License

All unlimited.

Ok. You say the module worked. Before, on this server.

So, the error started after you made changes to the code.

Are you able to publish the version from before the changes and see if the error messages stop?

Pramod Jain wrote:

Hi Ab,

You can also try to publish the version before you made modifications.

Regards

-PJ-

Hi Pramod,

I did that in the first case it contained a lot of errors, fixed everything re-deployed and right after the server error (Licensing Error: The eSpace 'HRPerfEvaluation' Oml stored in the database does not match the one published. Republish the eSpace to fix the problem. (Empty Hash)) started generating continuous. re-opened the espace and tried to re-publish then the Service Center error generated:

Error message from node azr-outfe-01 (127.0.0.1): Internal Error
Value cannot be null.
System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
   at System.IO.StringReader..ctor(String s)
   at System.Xml.XmlDocument.LoadXml(String xml)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.DeployService.Deploy.#M4e(String espaceName, Boolean isMTeSpace, String testAreaName, Boolean partial, String uniqueId)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.DeployService.Deploy.#K4e(String espaceName, String espaceKey, Int32 espaceVersionId, Boolean fromSS, Boolean developmentMode, String testAreaUser, Boolean partial, DateTime lastZipTimestamp, String uniqueId, IEnumerable`1 onDeployInvokeUrls)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.DeployService.Deploy.#D4e(DeployEspaceChangeVdirMsg deployEspaceChangeVdirMsg)
CompModule : Broadcast Message

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Ok. You say the module worked. Before, on this server.

So, the error started after you made changes to the code.

Are you able to publish the version from before the changes and see if the error messages stop?

See comments to Pamod.

Ab,

How is it possible that you had errors on a previous version you had working before?

Did you change other modules also, that are producers to this one?

Have you refreshed all the references?

As a "stupid" suggestion, but one that usually works for me when I find errors difficult to explain, have you create a new module and copy the code to it, and tried to publish the new module instead of the original?

Ab, 

As a final suggestion, you should enter in contact with the support team, as this is a "license" error and probably only them will be able to effectively help you.

Cheers,

Eduardo Jauch

Hi Guys,

I've  been re-checking the code and after some modifications on the application I was finally able to deploy the application without any issue.

Thanks for your support and advice!

Regards,

Ab