[Google Maps Plugin] Marker Raised Event

[Google Maps Plugin] Marker Raised Event

Forge Component
(3)
Published on 4 Aug by Grazina
3 votes
Published on 4 Aug by Grazina

Hi, can you give me an idea on how the marker raised event is being done in this plugin, I'm using the map Area. other event handlers are working fine but i cant figure out how to do the marker raised event. would really appreciate your inputs on this.

Thank you,

Hi Royce.

I'm not sure I understood your real issue, but for a better understanding of the plugin implementation you can easily open the eSpace and look for the piece of code you need. 

Gonçalo Martins wrote:

Hi Royce.

I'm not sure I understood your real issue, but for a better understanding of the plugin implementation you can easily open the eSpace and look for the piece of code you need. 

Hi Goncalo,

Basically i just need to get the coordinates of the marker upon clicking on it.

Thank you,

Hi Royce,

For the MarkerRaisedEvent to work you have to:

1. In the MarkerEvents property of the Map add a List with one element. The element is the 

Entities.MarkerEvent.click

2. Create a new Client Action for the handler of MarkerRaisedEvent.

3. That Action has 4 input parameters. The MarkerListIndex parameter will give you the index of the marker that you clicked. The index is relative to the list of the Markers property of the Map.

4. With that index you get the info about that maker.

Was that what you wanted?

Cheers,

José

José Costa wrote:

Hi Royce,

For the MarkerRaisedEvent to work you have to:

1. In the MarkerEvents property of the Map add a List with one element. The element is the 

Entities.MarkerEvent.click

2. Create a new Client Action for the handler of MarkerRaisedEvent.

3. That Action has 4 input parameters. The MarkerListIndex parameter will give you the index of the marker that you clicked. The index is relative to the list of the Markers property of the Map.

4. With that index you get the info about that maker.

Was that what you wanted?

Cheers,

José

Hi Jose,

I can do that on the other google Maps plugin but the hurdle here is the Map Area widget doesn't have a marker raised event, I'm using the google map plugin for mobile found in this link. please see screenshot below of the map area property window.

Thank you,

Resolved!   

Royce Caguiat wrote:

Resolved!   

Hi Royce.

Nice to hear that. Maybe you want to share your solution here with the community so that other members don't have the same issue on the future.

Cheers,

GM

Royce Caguiat wrote:

Resolved!   

Hi Royce, by any chance do you have an example on how to use the marker raised event or a guide on how to do it?