List action swipe slow in chrome browser

List action swipe slow in chrome browser

The list Item action swipe is sometimes very slow in the chrome browser (on phone). It freezes than for a few seconds at the end of the swipe. This is even happening if the action which will be triggered is empty. Can I do something about this myself or can the SILK UI team maybe have a look at this?

Kind Regards

Hi Rosanne,

Can you share the eSpace that you're using for testing? Which phone and operating system version are you using?

Hi Joao!, 

In the attachment the oml. It seems to happen when you just scroll down or upwards and then swipe the list item. It freezes than for a few seconds at the end of the swipe (only happening in chrome on android device). We use this list action in a kind of checklist (we have to swipe multiple rows), so you can imagine the freezing is not good for the user experience. My testdevice is a LG K10 4G.  Android version 6.0.

I tried to replicate but couldn't reproduce your problem. 

Does this happen in other devices?

Are you familiar with Chrome remote debugging?

Check it out this for more information: https://developers.google.com/web/tools/chrome-devtools/remote-debugging/

You should also check performance analysis: https://developers.google.com/web/tools/chrome-devtools/evaluate-performance/reference

This is essential to understand what migh be causing those freezes.

João Neves wrote:

I tried to replicate but couldn't reproduce your problem. 

Are you familiar with Chrome remote debugging?

Check it out this for more information: https://developers.google.com/web/tools/chrome-devtools/remote-debugging/

You should also check performance analysis: https://developers.google.com/web/tools/chrome-devtools/evaluate-performance/reference

This is essential to understand what migh be causing those freezes.

Hi Joao, 

Thanks for your reply.

I've studied the swipe. I included the profile from devtools, see attachment. I believe you can load it in the performance tab on your chrome dev tools. The first swipe goes as expected but the second swipe freezes as shown in the profile. Do you know why this is happening and what i can do about it?

That's odd. I checked your profiling session. And there's nothing happening for ~1.5secs. Seems like the browser isn't doing anything. Isn't there any other process that might be stealing the CPU?

There's also an animation that runs for 2 seconds and seems to be interrupted in that 1.5sec gap. Do you have any custom CSS animations running?

Hi Joao, 

It is also happening in the oml that I attached in one of messages above. (slowswipe.oml) I included the profile.
It is not only happening at the device but also in the browser. Last profile and this profile are recorded in chrome desktop browser. In the slowswipe oml, the swipe activates an empty action, so no other animations there.

Which platform server version are you running (check on Service Center)?

João Neves wrote:

Which platform server version are you running (check on Service Center)?

Version 10.0.604.0

Hi Rosanne,

We were able to replicate the issue (a few times only) on our side.

We've been investigating the root cause of the problem and we suspect that this is related to a browser update that changed the scheduling of JavaScript's setTimeout function that we use to trigger the Action at the end of the animation. 

We will let you know when we found a solution for this problem. Unfortunately there should be no workaround without a platform update. For now we can only advise to set "Full swipe Left/Right" operations to "No" if this is critical to you.

Best regards,
Hélio

Hi Hélio, 

Yes, it is indeed not happening very often, but it is critical in our usercase. 

Unfortunately,  setting the full swipe oparations to No will not fix it. The action is still triggered late. I included the profile and an updated oml, with a listremove behind the action. 

I think we have to look for another option and not use the listactions. 

I still like to hear from you when you found a solution for this problem.

Kind Regards, 

Rosanne