[Beacons workshop] Cannot run workshop

[Beacons workshop] Cannot run workshop

Forge Component
(0)
Published on 2016-12-12 by Rúben Gonçalves
0 votes
Published on 2016-12-12 by Rúben Gonçalves

I get the following error:

Producer 'CommonPlugin' module definition is incompatible. Please update it.

However, I have updated all referenced modules, refreshed the dependencies and published the workshop. It still fails to start.

Regards,

Peter Nijhuis.

Hi Peter,

I have the same problem, did you get any response or help?

Hi Peter, Isa

You may have an outdated version of the Common Plugin module. To fix this issue you can either go into the forge directly from Service Studio and upgarde it directly from the Forge tab, or you can go to the web link and download it by clicking here.

Regards,

Carlos 

Carlos Lopez wrote:

Hi Peter, Isa

You may have an outdated version of the Common Plugin module. To fix this issue you can either go into the forge directly from Service Studio and upgarde it directly from the Forge tab, or you can go to the web link and download it by clicking here.

Regards,

Carlos 

Hi Carlos,

The first thing I did after I got the message "Producer 'CommonPlugin' module definition is incompatible. Please update it." was updating the CommonPlugin module.

It still didn't work.

However, I will give it another try!

Thanks and regards,

Peter.

Hi Carlos,

Same situation here: had already downloaded the latest Outsystems Common plugin, but still this Beacons workshop app fails to work on my Android Moto G3 device.  Are you sure that OnPullToRefresh triggers LayoutNewBeaconEvent to Refresh GetBeaconEvents in order to detect and fill this local data? How were you able to debug this?

Regards,

Haske Verheijen

H Verheijen wrote:

Hi Carlos,

Same situation here: had already downloaded the latest Outsystems Common plugin, but still this Beacons workshop app fails to work on my Android Moto G3 device.  Are you sure that OnPullToRefresh triggers LayoutNewBeaconEvent to Refresh GetBeaconEvents in order to detect and fill this local data? How were you able to debug this?

Regards,

Haske Verheijen

Hi Haske

It seems that your problem is different to Peter's and Isa's. You could publish the application on your environment when they could not even do that. I feel it is important to remark that I have nothing to do with the development of neither the workshop or the plugin, and that I am still testing this myself.

If the beacon you have is not being detected I have two questions. Did you register your own beacon uuid, major and minor on InitBeacons? And if so, do you have your bluetooth on when trying to detect entering or leaving a region?

Regards,

Carlos

Carlos Lopez wrote:

H Verheijen wrote:

Hi Carlos,

Regards,

Haske Verheijen

Hi Haske

It seems that your problem is different to Peter's and Isa's. You could publish the application on your environment when they could not even do that. I feel it is important to remark that I have nothing to do with the development of neither the workshop or the plugin, and that I am still testing this myself.

If the beacon you have is not being detected I have two questions. Did you register your own beacon uuid, major and minor on InitBeacons? And if so, do you have your bluetooth on when trying to detect entering or leaving a region?

Regards,

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

My problem is indeed different. I can confirm you that I did do register my own beacon uuid, major and minor on InitBeacons. And I also I my bluetooth on my Android device working. I am trying to debug it by writing messages to my Android device from the Client Actions in order to find out where the problem lies. To be continued....

Regards,

Haske Verheijen

Hi Carlos,

Can you explain how the events (= Loaded, RegionEnter and RegionExit) are being set in the configuaration for Beacons\DetectBeaconregion coming from the Beacons plugin?  

Regards, 

Haske

H Verheijen wrote:

Hi Carlos,

Can you explain how the events (= Loaded, RegionEnter and RegionExit) are being set in the configuaration for Beacons\DetectBeaconregion coming from the Beacons plugin?  

Regards, 

Haske

The event handling is being set when the DetectBeaconRegion is added to the Beacons Block. Each of the actions is set to register a new BeaconEvent when the event is triggered.

My question was more aimed towards the custom Events values that trigger these handlers.

CasaSpider wrote:

Carlos Lopez wrote:

Hi Peter, Isa

Regards,

Carlos 

Hi Carlos,

The first thing I did after I got the message "Producer 'CommonPlugin' module definition is incompatible. Please update it." was updating the CommonPlugin module.

It still didn't work.

However, I will give it another try!

Thanks and regards,

Peter.

This problem has been solved, it turned out to be the InAppBrowserPlugin that had to be upgraded. See: https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/20129/common-plugin-version-2-2-1-is-giving-me-an-incompatible-error-in-outsystems-no/?(Not.Licensed.For.Production)=

Still having some problems though with the Beacon Workshop.

Regards,

Peter.