how to create pagination with manual page input

how to create pagination with manual page input

Hi

I need a pagination with manual page input to control the number of records per table and to view the desired page using Page Number as input ,Help me in fixing  this

Hi Narendra,

To make the number of items per page "dynamic" for pagination, the only thing you need to do is to define the 'Line Count' property to come from a variable, that you can change based on the selection of the combo box.

When the number of items per page change, you refresh the table wrapper (the one where the table, and the pagination web block is) and that's it.

I'm assuming that you are using the standard way of doing pagination, with the pagination web block from RichWidgets. But even if you are doing "manually", if you use the same properties, it will work.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Thank you Eduardo Jauch,i tried this solution it is not working.Could you please demonstrate it clearly

Hi.

Sure. Let me get to a computer and I'll attach an example.

Cheers,

Eduardo Jauch

Hi Narendra.

Here you can find my example.

The OML is attached.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Thank you Eduardo Jauch,

what bout using input search box for going to the particular page ,is there any solution for it

Solution

A ready solution? Not that I know.

See, to be able to find the page, you would not be "searching" in the normal way of thinking, that is "filter" the records. You would need to do a new aggregate/sql to find the first record that match the search string, find its Id, and than "iterate" through all your records in another new aggregate/sql not connected to the list in the screen to find its relative position and this way compute the correct page.

For search, a better approach would be really to filter the original aggregate.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Solution

Thank you Eduardo Jauch.