[Contacts Plugin] Contact image

[Contacts Plugin] Contact image

Forge Component
(3)
Published on 2016-12-15 by OutSystems R&D
3 votes
Published on 2016-12-15 by OutSystems R&D

Hi,

I wanted to show the image contact that is returned by the FindContact action structure, but I'm unable to show it. I've tried to first pass the result directly to an image without any luck. Then I've checked that the result seams like an URI (something like content://com.android.contacts/contacts/438/photo. what made me think on using the File Plugin from forge to be able to use it after on the image url. I've tried to use the GetFileUrlFromUri function, but basically this is always returning an empty string when I pass the URI that was returned.

Is there anyway to display the image of a contact that is returned by the plugin FindContact results ?

Thanks

Same as this?

Yep, the issue is the same, but as seen on that post, we don't have an answer also :)

Same problem here...

What should I do with the url?

I will try to contact the creator of the contacts plugin.

SOS.... Any Successful update yet? I'm stuck too. Please Help!!!

Hi,

First of all sorry for the long delay on a reply.

OutSystems is currently looking into this and as soon as we have any news regarding this topic we will let you know.

Thanks a lot for your feedback guys.

Best regards

Tiago Leão wrote:

Hi,

First of all sorry for the long delay on a reply.

OutSystems is currently looking into this and as soon as we have any news regarding this topic we will let you know.

Thanks a lot for your feedback guys.

Best regards

Hi Tiago,

No problem at all! Hope you can get the Contact Pictures working.

If OutSystems is looking into the ContactsPlugin maybe they can fix the problem with dates (birthday) before 1/1/1900 as well.

For me it is a great plugin!

Thanks and regards,

Peter.

Hi,

I have been able to show the contact photo using the File Plugin and a JavaScript Node that gets the contact photo in Binary given a photo URI as an input parameter. Here is JS Node:

Name: GetContactPhoto

Input Parameter: ContactPhotoURI (Text)

Output Parameter: ContactPhoto (Binary Data)

Source Code: getContactPhoto_source.js (Attached)

Thank You,

Bruno Grácio