redirecting to website instead of opening the page in my app

redirecting to website instead of opening the page in my app

  

Hi everyone,

Im creating a mobile app using silk UI i outsystems 10. Whenever i give path to my links it redirects me to the website instead of opening the desired page in my app.


How can I make it open in my app?

If anyone has a solution for this, I would also be very interested.  I have a similar need in my app.  Thank you.

  -- Joel

Hello JM and hafsa,

I'm curious about this problem.
I tested the most common "links" in a mobile application and all of them worked as expected, both in preview (web) as in my mobile, both with RedirectToURL (giving the name of the screen, like "Screen1") and direct navigating to a page.

Are you doing something different?

Could you provide a link to your application to us to test and maybe an OML to us to take a look?

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Yes, they do open but not in my app, the links redirect into that perticular website leaving my app environment. 

Hi Hafsa,

You can try something like this..


<iframe src="Your Url"  height="200" width="300"></iframe>

ex.

<iframe src="https://www.outsystems.com" height="200" width="300"></iframe>


Regards

-PJ-

Pramod Jain wrote:

Hi Hafsa,

You can try something like this..


<iframe src="Your Url"  height="200" width="300"></iframe>

ex.

<iframe src="https://www.outsystems.com" height="200" width="300"></iframe>


Regards

-PJ-

Hi Pramod,

I tried what you have suggested, it says it's an unexpected expression. I put the whole expression under "links" in "URL". 


Did you make [Escape Content] to No in expression property?



Regards

-PJ-

You can set it like this...

Please try this .


Reagards

-PJ-


Pramod Jain wrote:

Did you make [Escape Content] to No in expression property?



Regards

-PJ-


I'm sorry I'm new to outsystems and don't know where it is and what u are talking about. Can you please elaborate.

Ok, let me try and I will get back to you in a min

Pramod Jain wrote:

You can set it like this...

Please try this .


Reagards

-PJ-


Hi im unable to find Expression property box 

from where I can set escape content :/

Hi Hafsa,

PSB screen shot , it may help you finding the property . You just need to click on expression and on right hand side you will see option to set this.


-PJ-

Also use this instead of double quotes you need to use single quoted 

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

"<iframe src='https://www.outsystems.com' height='200' width='300'></iframe>"

hafsa zaineb wrote:

Pramod Jain wrote:

You can set it like this...

Please try this .


Reagards

-PJ-


Hi im unable to find Expression property box 

from where I can set escape content :/


I found the widget but there is no escape content in it. As i said in very new to outsystems so I am learning everything relating to this and this is my first app ever.

hafsa zaineb wrote:

hafsa zaineb wrote:

Pramod Jain wrote:

You can set it like this...

Please try this .


Reagards

-PJ-


Hi im unable to find Expression property box 

from where I can set escape content :/


I found the widget but there is no escape content in it. As i said in very new to outsystems so I am learning everything relating to this and this is my first app ever.



I dont mind showing it to you on skype by sharing my screen if you want , my skypeid is pramod.jain82. Please add me and so that i can show you how to do this.


Regards

-PJ-

Here you go ,

I created a video for you ..PFA.


Regards

-PJ-


Pramod Jain wrote:

Here you go ,

I created a video for you ..PFA.


Regards

-PJ-



Thank you for the effort. Thats what I did. Here is the screenshot. The escape content wont show up in x.y expression property box. Thats what im saying. I used it for the links i want to show in my app.

Hi All,


i think we can achieve this by using "External Site" widget which is providing by Outsytems.

Just right click on text . then link to -> choose external site and provide corresponding parameters

Rocky Raki wrote:

Hi All,


i think we can achieve this by using "External Site" widget which is providing by Outsytems.

Just right click on text . then link to -> choose external site and provide corresponding parameters


which version of outsystems are you using?

I would like to point something here.

If you are trying to open a link that is from another website, not from your own app, it will open in the browser. This is the default.

If the link you're trying to open is a page on your own app, the default is to open in your app, not in the browser.

This is why I asked you to send us an OML to us to take a look and understand what you are trying to do.
So, please, send as an OML so we can understand what you are trying to accomplish.

Are you trying to open a page of your own application or a page of a different website?

If you are trying the second, to open a different webpage inside your app, you need to use an iFrame. On mobile you can achieve this using the widget "HTML Element", placed in a screen. You can try to see this advice here.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch


Here is an working example:

hafsa zaineb wrote:

Rocky Raki wrote:

Hi All,


i think we can achieve this by using "External Site" widget which is providing by Outsytems.

Just right click on text . then link to -> choose external site and provide corresponding parameters


which version of outsystems are you using?

I work on outsystems 9.0 but i do practice in outsystems 10. 


Hi hafsa zaineb,

PF Screen snippet, which may helps you.



Thanks,

Rocky

Sorry if this is hijacking this post but what if your mobile app is displaying a link that you do not have control over.  For example..I am displaying a timeline from an embedded twitter feed in the application.  All the links in the twitter feeds open within the app and there is no way to go back without closing the application, instead of opening these links in an external browser.