OutSystem Restore

Hi All,

It seems that i ruined the whole thing, i has an issue with entity called UserSync. By searching i found it's part of Lifetime. I used the DBCleaner to drop off unsed attributes and entities. The result is disater, i cant publish any update with Sevice studio as i get Upgrade error 

when i try to open the module i get Invalid columns Error. Please help it's a nightmare.

Hi Bil,

Just read your other post (click here) and it seems that was the cause of your current problem. You were making changes to Lifetime tables... Are you on a trial version? If so, you might better restore the latest backup db.

Changes on system tables are not supported.

Tiago Neves wrote:

Hi Bil,

Just read your other post (click here) and it seems that was the cause of your current problem. You were making changes to Lifetime tables... Are you on a trial version? If so, you might better restore the latest backup db.

Changes on system tables are not supported.

Yes Tiago, i'm using the Trial version. Could you tell me how to restore the latest backup db ?? any guide to avoid doing more mess :(

This is the Error log that i get, when i try to republish the module i get Invalid Object name with Table name i don't use anymore. when i try to open a page i get Invalid column name for entity attributes that already exist in sevice studio. I hope that it's clear for you what kind of problem i have.

Hi Bil,

Someone from OutSystems will be taking a look at this and get in touch with you.

It's part of the learning process ;)

Cheers,

Tiago

Hi Bil,

We are sorry to hear that this problem occurred. We have been analyzing and in order to help you get through this as fast as possible, I'd highly recommend opening a Support ticket.

This can be easily accomplished by navigating to Support Portal and clicking the 'Create Case' button.

Let us know the steps that you performed in the Support ticket so that we help you surpass this.

Regards,

Rúben

Rúben Capitão wrote:

Hi Bil,

We are sorry to hear that this problem occurred. We have been analyzing and in order to help you get through this as fast as possible, I'd highly recommend opening a Support ticket.

This can be easily accomplished by navigating to Support Portal and clicking the 'Create Case' button.

Let us know the steps that you performed in the Support ticket so that we help you surpass this.

Regards,

Rúben

Thanks Rúben, i did send a ticket yesterday, and i received an email from the support team to explain them what's the issue...and now i have nothing to do but waiting. i'll keep you guys updated.

Hi.

There is no problem in refresh all dependencies and publish again.

If the error don't go away, you should first look into the error logs in Service Center (Monitoring-Errors).

To debug, if you are publish to the public area (F5, 1 click Publish), just put a breakpoint in the start of the preparation of the web screen you are trying to access, start the debugger and try to access it again.

If the debugger is not stopping there, could be some things. Try connect Service Center through IP and open the application through IP. The address of the application must use the same server than the Service Studio to the debugger to work.

Depending on system configuration and architecture, if you are accessing through a named server (server.com), you need to check the 3° option (one request per...) in Service Studio preferences (menu EDIT, I think).

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Eduardo Jauch

EDIT:  By the way, those errors usually means your module is using outdated references.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi.

There is no problem in refresh all dependencies and publish again.

If the error don't go away, you should first look into the error logs in Service Center (Monitoring-Errors).

To debug, if you are publish to the public area (F5, 1 click Publish), just put a breakpoint in the start of the preparation of the web screen you are trying to access, start the debugger and try to access it again.

If the debugger is not stopping there, could be some things. Try connect Service Center through IP and open the application through IP. The address of the application must use the same server than the Service Studio to the debugger to work.

Depending on system configuration and architecture, if you are accessing through a named server (server.com), you need to check the 3° option (one request per...) in Service Studio preferences (menu EDIT, I think).

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Eduardo Jauch

EDIT:  By the way, those errors usually means your module is using outdated references.

Thanks Eduardo, and i'm sorry that i deleted my post before i know that you replied to.

I republished all the references that were showing alarms in the publish process and the publish was done successfully with some entities inconsistent alarms too. (Please let me know how to fix- It's a minor issue i know). 

The major issue is that i wasn't able to open the module in browser because of  an Error message:

"'GetCssGlobalContext' Action is incompatible with the 'SilkUIFramework' module definition. Please update it."

I republished the SilkUIFrame but this didn't help. I feel i'm so close to restore the whole thing again. Many thanks for your tremendous help

Solution

Hi,

There's no problem. If you updated SilkUI, has to refresh dependencies again. But in this case, not only of your application, but any module that your app depends.

The easiest way is to create a solution in Service Center and add all modules, than, publish it.

Can you look into Service Center log and put here the stack trace and any other message related with the error?

Also, what is in your screen? The one you're trying to access?

Regarding the entities/fields warnings, you mean the blue ones?

They mean that you have tables in the database that have fields there that are not present in the entities definition. This happens because the platform doesn't delete from database fields and tables you erased in the modules. This is necessary in order to allow you to republish a previous version without losing your data. To delete them from database you need to use a tool like DBCleaner (from forge).

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch

Solution

Hi Eduardo,

Finally i can mark this thread as SOLVED.

Lessons learned:

1-Stay updated with Outsystems new rules. The inhibition of "Delete User" action from being used any further led me all the way to disrupting a published application.

2-Don't play with DBCleaner. Use it with great caution.

3- You guys on Outsystems are really helpful and ready to spend your time investigating other's problems. I'm proud of being here with you.

I appreciate the effort you all did to help me. Thanks :)

Hello Bil,

Glad we were able to help.
And happy that we can learn from each other experiences here. :)

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch