escape content wont show up

escape content wont show up

im using outsystems 10 silk mobile UI theme. I want to set 'escape content' to 'NO' in expression editor (x.y expression) box but it simply wont show up. Attached is the screenshot.

Can anyone tell whats the problem.

Hi Hafsa,

This should work. Can you share the whole html (iframe) that you want to show in the screen? It could be that there is a typo in that code.

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Hi Hafsa, There is no escape content option available when you use expression in mobile app. We have to look other way around, May be you can try with JS to load the Iframe.

Regards,

Sachin

You have to use the HTML Element widget, like I show here.

Hi Hafsa,

Try to use what Eduardo has suggested , this is something you need to use instead using expression .

Reagrds

-PJ-

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

You have to use the HTML Element widget, like I show here.

Thank you all for the replies and making me understand outsystems in a better way.  Here is the .oml file. I want to connect an external website with my app not app's own pages. app's own pages are working fine. External links redirect me to external website instead of opening in my app.

Also, I checked the link you sent. The FetchIframe codes are a bit too much for me. How can I make it simple to achive my task?

Sachin Mahawar wrote:

Hi Hafsa, There is no escape content option available when you use expression in mobile app. We have to look other way around, May be you can try with JS to load the Iframe.

Regards,

Sachin

Thank you for making it clear. 

Hi hafsa,

The answer I gave in the other topic (using html element) is the way to go.

The problem is that using ifame is trick.

For example, if the website in the iFrame uses cookies, some browsers will block it.

Test using Bing and it will work, but google, for example, is being blocked in my application.

And there is no easy way to solve this, because is a security issue.

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi hafsa,

The answer I gave in the other topic (using html element) is the way to go.

The problem is that using ifame is trick.

For example, if the website in the iFrame uses cookies, some browsers will block it.

Test using Bing and it will work, but google, for example, is being blocked in my application.

And there is no easy way to solve this, because is a security issue.

Hi, I sent you the oml file. Could you please tell me what is the reason of black vertical line in my menus as in this attached screenshot?

Hello,

It's better to open a new topic. It's bad practice to mix questions.

Cheers,

Eduardo Jauch

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello,

It's better to open a new topic. It's bad practice to mix questions.

Cheers,

Eduardo Jauch

Going back to the same question , the link you sent, I couldnt understand the 6th point that states...

"Use the Block InternalBrowser in your mobile app and pass the URL of the Web Screen that you wish to embed in the Source input of the Block"

also where it states

Automatically Log In the End-user in the Web App

is it necessary to do this last step if yes, can an app have two or more security exceptions? as It gives me error if I add another security Exception.

You don't need it. 

The example I have works. But not with all the websites and not all the browsers, unfortunately.

The link is for when you wan to use OutSystems web application pages inside a mobile application.

But as you want to open an external site, it does not apply.

correction:

I want an external website to open in my mobile app without leaving the mobile app environment as in same header footer the way i have in my app. So will it apply

Solution

Take a look on this working example.

The OML is attached. 

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Solution

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

The OML is attached. 

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Thank you for sending this. I have spent hours trying to make it work. This oml made it real easy.

Glad to help, hafsa :)

Hi Eduardo,

linking to the same question, it was blocking the content and I was viewing the results by unblocking the content thinking it will work in mobile.

The problem is the website im linking it to uses http:// instead of https:// so it blocks the content. how to resolve that?

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

The OML is attached. 

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Hi Eduardo,

I am using iframes the way described in  this oml , it worked perfectly fine back then but now its not working. I have upgraded my platform from outsystems 10.0.603 to 10.0.704 or 3 i guess. Does it has something to do with upgrading or what?

regards

hafsa

Hello hafsa,

The test I sent you is working without problems in my personal (updated to the last version).
But I had to refresh some references.

Maybe this is the problem?

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello hafsa,

The test I sent you is working without problems in my personal (updated to the last version).
But I had to refresh some references.

Maybe this is the problem?

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Thank you for quick reply. Could u plz explain references like what? 

Refresh references on your application (dependencies)

Aldo, sometimes, after a platform upgrade, it is required to upgrade other applications, like silk ui, etc.

Can you provide a small example showing your problem?

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Refresh references on your application (dependencies)

Aldo, sometimes, after a platform upgrade, it is required to upgrade other applications, like silk ui, etc.

Can you provide a small example showing your problem?

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch

Thank you Eduardo. I unchecked the content security policy and now its picking up bing.com inside my app. Can I ask what is the reason it is not picking any social media sites inside my app? It redirects to social media sites instead of opening it in my app.

Cheers.