Invalid compiler output

Invalid compiler output

I have my solution developed in one environment and every publish there were done without a problem. When I try to deploy my solution to the test env trough lifetime i get a Invalid Compiler Output error. I get the same error if I try to publish the espace that had the error with service studio.

This espace is using a webblock that is in other espace. That block contains a Richwidget\Icon. If I remove this I'm able to publish everything.

Anyone knows what could be the problem?

the stack of the error is this:

TSOPS4 (Test New) - Error Detail            

Exception Details:
[1] Internal Error: Invalid compiler output.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Compiler.<>c__DisplayClass3.<Compile>b__2()
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Utils.CompilerUtils.WithOverridenSettings(IDictionary`2 settingsOverride, Action body)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Compiler.<>c__DisplayClass3.<Compile>b__1()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
[2] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.ResourcesOptimizer.AbstractCssProcessor.#bne.MoveNext()
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.ResourcesOptimizer.AbstractCssProcessor.#bne.MoveNext()
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.ResourcesOptimizer.AbstractCssProcessor.#Wme.MoveNext()
   at #NLc.#MLc.#DLc(Page page, #OCc node)
   at #NLc.#MLc.#zLc(#OCc node)
   at #NLc.#MLc.#oLc(WebScreen screen)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Nodes.WebScreen.#GFc()
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Nodes.WebScreen.Dump(TextWriter writer)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Nodes.AbstractContentNode.Dump()
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Flows.WebFlow.Dump()
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.WebFlows.WebHandler.Dump(IEnumerable`1 webFlows)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.ESpace.Dump()
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Compiler.InnerCompile(CompilationContext context)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Compiler.Compile(CompilationContext context)

Best Regards,
Marcelo

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

I have my solution developed in one environment and every publish there were done without a problem. When I try to deploy my solution to the test env trough lifetime i get a Invalid Compiler Output error. I get the same error if I try to publish the espace that had the error with service studio.

This espace is using a webblock that is in other espace. That block contains a Richwidget\Icon. If I remove this I'm able to publish everything.

Anyone knows what could be the problem?

the stack of the error is this:

TSOPS4 (Test New) - Error Detail            

Exception Details:
[1] Internal Error: Invalid compiler output.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Compiler.<>c__DisplayClass3.<Compile>b__2()
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Utils.CompilerUtils.WithOverridenSettings(IDictionary`2 settingsOverride, Action body)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Compiler.<>c__DisplayClass3.<Compile>b__1()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
[2] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.ResourcesOptimizer.AbstractCssProcessor.#Wme.MoveNext()
   at #NLc.#MLc.#DLc(Page page, #OCc node)
   at #NLc.#MLc.#zLc(#OCc node)
   at #NLc.#MLc.#oLc(WebScreen screen)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Nodes.WebScreen.#GFc()
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Nodes.WebScreen.Dump(TextWriter writer)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Nodes.AbstractContentNode.Dump()
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Flows.WebFlow.Dump()
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.WebFlows.WebHandler.Dump(IEnumerable`1 webFlows)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.ESpace.Dump()
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Compiler.InnerCompile(CompilationContext context)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Compiler.Compile(CompilationContext context)

Best Regards,
Marcelo

Hi Marcelo.

I would say you should open a support case because this seems to be a platform issue.

I already got this kind of error and by removing all the unused elements of each eSpace, followed by refresh references (even when it seemed not to have anything to update) and publish eSpace by eSpace, I was able to make it work.

But again, this is surely an issue for support (I also reported it in the past, so do the same, maybe they can reproduce the problem and fix the platform bug).

Cheers,

GM