scroll dynamic list with different heights on chrome (mobile)

scroll dynamic list with different heights on chrome (mobile)

When I have a dynamic list with different listitem heights and I scroll in chrome (in the webbrowser and on the mobile browser) it scrolls to fast. The scroll event is triggered multiple times. How can I prevent this form happening. Its not happening in safari. I included an example OML. When you scroll down the list, it jumps from halfway the list to the end.

Solution

Hi Rosanne,

We are aware that in some situations the list might not behave in a proper way. We're working on a fix for that. Meanwhile you can disable the list virtualization (set disable-virtualization=true on list extended properties) to avoid this behavior.

Solution

João Neves wrote:

Hi Rosanne,

We are aware that in some situations the list might not behave in a proper way. We're working on a fix for that. Meanwhile you can disable the list virtualization (set disable-virtualization=true on list extended properties) to avoid this behavior.

Hi João,

Can you please tell me how did you knew about the use of disable-virtualization on list extended properties? Is there a list of extended properties that we can look and see what other 'tricks' we can use?

Best regards,

Cipriano

That extended property is one of list extended properties suggestions. You should only use it if you have problems with your list, because performance might be affected when the virtualization is off. We're working on to make the list scroll behavior more robust.

João Neves wrote:

That extended property is one of list extended properties suggestions. You should only use it if you have problems with your list, because performance might be affected when the virtualization is off. We're working on to make the list scroll behavior more robust.

Hi,

Yes sir, I understand that, the problem I had was already solved so I have no more need for it, however, I got curious if there are more extended properties that we can use to enable/disable features in any elements, like, I never saw any 'disable-virtualization' references on the documentation, like this one, there can be many more right? Jus want to know where to find them all.

Thanks,

Cipriano

I see it as an option now, was this was added recently? Didn't saw it before

It's been there since 10.0 GA.

Hello João,

Can you let us know what exactly this extended property [disable-virtualization] do.

Regards,

Atul Patel

That extended property disables the improvements that list widgets have by default which makes them only render the list items that inside the viewport, thus render is faster and memory consumption lower. I suggest that you don't disable that unless you find problems, which should be solved in the latest platform versions. If you find any problems with the latest version, please report it.