[Google Maps Mobile] Real time message/chat

[Google Maps Mobile] Real time message/chat

Forge Component
(6)
Published on 21 Jul by OutSystems Labs
6 votes
Published on 21 Jul by OutSystems Labs

Hello everyone, im doing a kind off chat, very simple similar do whatsapp, but im facing a problem that is per example: when someone send a message it doesnt appear for other user at the same time, the user need to update the page to the message appear, what i want is that the message appear in real time for all users...

Its kind off a job with short time, that the only problem im facing...

You probably need to do something like in this example:

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/1449/websockets-demo-1/

There is also the webinar associated, you find the link in the component's page.

There are some components that may help you to do what you want, but usually they relay on paid services.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch

You can send messages to other logged-in users over the system in real time with the write command. Each user alternately sends and receives short messages from the other workstation. Long messages can be sent by putting the complete message in a file and then redirecting that file as input to the write command.

driving directions

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

There is also the webinar associated, you find the link in the component's page.

There are some components that may help you to do what you want, but usually they relay on paid services.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch

I had a quick look on this and i will take a better look later, but can you explain me better how this will work with this websockets demo?? I didnt get...

Simon Mayers wrote:

You can send messages to other logged-in users over the system in real time with the write command. Each user alternately sends and receives short messages from the other workstation. Long messages can be sent by putting the complete message in a file and then redirecting that file as input to the write command.

driving directions

Can you give me more details? Didnt get...

Vinicius Schonardie wrote:

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch

I had a quick look on this and i will take a better look later, but can you explain me better how this will work with this websockets demo?? I didnt get...

Hi, 

You can find a nice explanation on web sockets here (if you are not familiar with the concept).

The idea is to create a channel between the browser and server. When the server sends something to the browser, it receives and can act on it. The browser doesn't have to keep looking for data in the server.

Also, you can search the forge for "chat" and will find some components for chatting in real time, as well as some components that can help with this task. 

And of course, you can look for pushwoosh and oneSignal components for mobile, that enable accessing the notifications in mobile.

Cheers,

Eduardo Jauch

Hi Vinicius,

I'm wondering why you posted this question on the Google Maps Mobile forum?

You can find Shoutsystems in the Forge, which is a working mobile app that does realtime chat using Firebase. It's a sample app, so you you should be able to use it as a base for your own work.

Hope this helps.

Daniel

Hi Vinicius,

you can also use this component that will allow you to integrate a realtime chat with your application linked to your data: https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/2260/social-collaboration-mobile/

Regards,

João

Daniel Luz wrote:

Hi Vinicius,

I'm wondering why you posted this question on the Google Maps Mobile forum?

You can find Shoutsystems in the Forge, which is a working mobile app that does realtime chat using Firebase. It's a sample app, so you you should be able to use it as a base for your own work.

Hope this helps.

Daniel

Hey Daniel, im trying to use the Firebase and i took a look on the shout, im not with to much time and in a short time i didnt get the logic off how to use the firebase, i just wanted the real time chat that when i send a message the other people that has the app get the time in real time withou have to leave the page and get back...

Can you give me a tip off how to use...

I dont have a login i just have a entity off users they enter on the app with just their name...

João Batista wrote:

Hi Vinicius,

you can also use this component that will allow you to integrate a realtime chat with your application linked to your data: https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/2260/social-collaboration-mobile/

Regards,

João

Hello, i wanted my design page not a ready one... you know a logic to do the real time refresh?

Hi again,

in that case I believe the best option is to use firebase  to receive real time notifications and refresh accordingly.