Hi I'm starting to do the movie assignment and I'm completely loss on what to do. Starting from Assignment 4 where it asks you to provide aggregates and use list widgets, while the course previously taught me how to make a list it doesn't seem to be working now?

Does anyone have the movie assignment oml I could check? Having just the mock ups is just confusing

Hi Nathanielle,

Are you still lost in that assignment? Can you share some screenshots to understand your problem?

Regards,

António Pereira

Hi,

I'm new here and just started also with the Movie Assignment now and I think I'm facing the same problem because I got stucked in assignment 4!

I followed the mockup but when I publish there's nothing appearing on my app.

Hi Cátia,

Did you try to debug to see why it doesn't work? Is your Screen starting? Is the Preperation run?

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Cátia,

Did you try to debug to see why it doesn't work? Is your Screen starting? Is the Preperation run?

Hi Kilian,

Thanks for respond.

Yes I'm trying to debug. My screen is starting I already got the the menus working, but they don't display any record.

Well, I would advise you to match what you expect should be happening (with regards to fetching, then displaying the data), with what you actually see happening when debugging. Learning how to debug, and how to fix the errors found, is just as valuable as getting the job done. You'll need those skills once you start actual development!

Solution

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Well, I would advise you to match what you expect should be happening (with regards to fetching, then displaying the data), with what you actually see happening when debugging. Learning how to debug, and how to fix the errors found, is just as valuable as getting the job done. You'll need those skills once you start actual development!

Hi Kilian,

Solved the problem, I was not doing the right client action to display the info.

Thanks for the help.

Solution

Hi Cátia,

Great you got it solved. Sharping those debug skills :).