Silk UI calendar control, select Today

Silk UI calendar control, select Today

Hi,

I'm using the Silk UI calendar control. When I click on Today, nothing happens.

I can click on the actual date in the calendar, and then the date is selected just fine.

Has anybody else run into this problem? Is there perhaps a setting I'm supposed to use?

Kind regards,

Esmee Waller

Hi Esmee,

For me it is working as it should.
What are the server version, Service Studio version, Mobile or Web...

Do you have any other scripts in the page that could be causing problems?

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Hi Eduardo,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using Platform version 10.0.405.5 and Service studio version 10.0.611.0

I also tried the calendar sample on silkui.oustsystems.com. When I click on Today there, it does not work either.

Kind regards,

Esmee Waller

Hi

What browser are you using?
Because the example in the silkui.oustsystems.com works perfect for me...

EDIT. Sorry. Yes it does nothing,

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

See the following:

The reason to the Today not working is probably that the MinDate, MaxDate Disable... properties are defined and the today can't be picked. I just used it on an example and it worked properly.

In the Silk UI page, they are disabling dates so Today can't be picked.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Hey Eduardo and Esmee,

It seems to me that you guys must be using the deprecated version of the silk calendar. Our newest version has an event list and everything:

Can I please ask you both to tell me which version of silk you are using, check if it's the newest and to update it? If nothing else, to update your references and confirm that you aren't using the DEPRECATED_calendar.

I just want to remind you, the point of the today button is not to force the day. So for instances, if you have the 17th of August selected and you move to check something in December using the arrows? If you click the today button what will happen is that it will move the calendar back into August but it will stay with the 17th of August selected. The Today button is simply to set the view of the calendar back into your current month and year in case if you have moved across years/months where it would be hard to go back.

I've tried replicating this on our side but everything seems to work perfectly, let me know if I can help.

Cheers

Hello Rita, 

I'm using a Personal (Version 10.0.603.0), and the Silk UI framework is not visible... The only SilkUI module that I'm seeing is the SilkUI Fonts...

Also, in my test (and the calendar is very strange), when I click the "Today" button, it effectively selects the today date...

And now that you mentioned, If I try to install the Vanilla theme, for example, it says that I have the Silk UI Web, but asks for upgrade it. But If I try to Upgrade it, it does not allow me the "Update", just the "Download from forge".

So, who messed with my Personal? xD
It was working sometime ago...

(I didn't changed anything)

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Hey Eduardo,

That is very odd, 

Just to confirm, considering you've told me that you have the platform 10 something your silk's name shouldn't be Silk Ui Framework but Web Patterns. The difference between the two is that the first is the Silk used for the platform 9.1 and the latter is for version 10. Please confirm that you have the latter if you are using platform 10, that might be what is causing the issues? Maybe? I can't really say but it's worth a try :P

The only thing that I can really think of suggesting is deleting the SilkUiFramework that you have and downloading the most recent Silk that we have for the right platform. Hopefully that'll work, let me know how that turns out.

Rita Dias wrote:

Hey Eduardo,

That is very odd, 

Just to confirm, considering you've told me that you have the platform 10 something your silk's name shouldn't be Silk Ui Framework but Web Patterns. The difference between the two is that the first is the Silk used for the platform 9.1 and the latter is for version 10. Please confirm that you have the latter if you are using platform 10, that might be what is causing the issues? Maybe? I can't really say but it's worth a try :P

The only thing that I can really think of suggesting is deleting the SilkUiFramework that you have and downloading the most recent Silk that we have for the right platform. Hopefully that'll work, let me know how that turns out.

Hi.

You're right. I had the "WebPatterns" eSpace. But on 2017/07/05 it was updated by the "Administrator" (and that wasn't me). And after that everything got a little "messy" (I didn't noticed this before).

I forced the installation of Silk UI Web from forge overwritten it and this seems to solved the issue, as now, effectively, after refreshing the dependencies, the calendar shows as "DEPRECATED"...

But what happened is beyond me... 

Thanks for noticing it :)

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Good to hear that things are back to normal then!

As for the Deprecated it's normal that it shows! This means that you were using the Calendar from Silk but haven't used it/updated your references since we've changed it to the Deprecated and created our new one. When you update the references, what happens is that it updates to its new name ( so, from Calendar to DEPRECATED_Calendar ) and adds the new Calendar. If you search for Calendar you'll be able to use our new one.

Hopefully with the new one you won't have these issues!

Glad to be of help!

Hi Rita :)

Yes, Now I can use the correct Calendar.
Funny thing is that there is still something weird with the environment, as the "behavior" is ok now, with the button "Today" just navigating to the correct month/year, but the styles are not being loaded: 

So, re-installing the Silk UI Web was not enough...
I will dig into this :)

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Don't forget to update your templates, as well!

Hope that you get it sorted!

Ups... xD

Don't worry. I didn't noticed that I was testing in an application based on the Web Application template. So, there is my answer why the CSS (and javascript) required were missing...

I already upgraded the templates. Everything is fine.

Hi Rita,

Thanks for your reply. We have updated our SilkUI calendar and now it works.

Kind regards

Esmee