Newbie Question: Open URL inside app?

Newbie Question: Open URL inside app?

  

Hi all I'm having some trouble trying to get a idea to work and I wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction please.

I'm trying to make a app where a user will be taken to a remote URL, for example:

First time use

APP LOADS -> User Puts in required URL into text box -> User click button URL is stored in local storage for future use -> User is then redirected to inputted URL and can browse website in native broswer or inside app.

Then in future a user simply loads the app and then clicks a button and it goes straight to stored URL.

Can this be done?

Many Thanks

Hi Luke.

Are you implementing a mobile app or a web app?

For mobile you can use a plugin called In App Browser. 

In a web app you can use several things depending on your requirements.

Gonçalo Martins wrote:

Hi Luke.

Are you implementing a mobile app or a web app?

For mobile you can use a plugin called In App Browser. 

In a web app you can use several things depending on your requirements.

Thanks for the quick reply :)
If I give a bit of background on what I'm trying to figure out.

Basically I have a appointment software that runs on a PC and is made in C# and SQL and clients can use it locally or remotely over the internet. With the remote access each business has a unique remote access link which redirects them to a cloud site, then finds the IP for that PC and sends the URL to that IP, this is done so PCs can have dynamic IPs

With the little app I'm trying to make is to make is simple for a user to press a few buttons on there phone/tablet and it takes them to a link instead of them having to remember a complex long URL.

I hope that helps 


Luke Dudddridge wrote:

Gonçalo Martins wrote:

Hi Luke.

Are you implementing a mobile app or a web app?

For mobile you can use a plugin called In App Browser. 

In a web app you can use several things depending on your requirements.

Thanks for the quick reply :)
If I give a bit of background on what I'm trying to figure out.

Basically I have a appointment software that runs on a PC and is made in C# and SQL and clients can use it locally or remotely over the internet. With the remote access each business has a unique remote access link which redirects them to a cloud site, then finds the IP for that PC and sends the URL to that IP, this is done so PCs can have dynamic IPs

With the little app I'm trying to make is to make is simple for a user to press a few buttons on there phone/tablet and it takes them to a link instead of them having to remember a complex long URL.

I hope that helps 


Hi Luke.

That seems completely feasible. Can you explain better the problems you're having?



Gonçalo Martins wrote:

Luke Dudddridge wrote:

Gonçalo Martins wrote:

Hi Luke.

Are you implementing a mobile app or a web app?

For mobile you can use a plugin called In App Browser. 

In a web app you can use several things depending on your requirements.

Thanks for the quick reply :)
If I give a bit of background on what I'm trying to figure out.

Basically I have a appointment software that runs on a PC and is made in C# and SQL and clients can use it locally or remotely over the internet. With the remote access each business has a unique remote access link which redirects them to a cloud site, then finds the IP for that PC and sends the URL to that IP, this is done so PCs can have dynamic IPs

With the little app I'm trying to make is to make is simple for a user to press a few buttons on there phone/tablet and it takes them to a link instead of them having to remember a complex long URL.

I hope that helps 


Hi Luke.

That seems completely feasible. Can you explain better the problems you're having?



Thanks, the trouble I'm having is figuring out how to link it together, I'm guessing I need a tutorial or something, or something to reference from to start building this app.