Email calendar attachment is not being rendered in outlook

Email calendar attachment is not being rendered in outlook

Hello All,

I am trying to send an email calendar invite from my outsystems application with RSVP actions and for that I am generating an ics file and sending it as a attachment to the users which is rendering normal in gmail but it is not getting rendered in outlook, instead in outlook it is looking like normal attachment file but the same outlook client renders email invite from google calendar application with date and other information and also with RSVP action buttons.

Please let me know how can I render the RSVP buttons and other information in outllook email screen, appreciate your help if you have any experience of that kind.

Hi Aditya,

In this very old forum post you can see what the format of the Outlook invite should look like.

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/9547/sending-an-outlook-calendar-event/

Let us know if this helps you. If it doesn't please share the code of your ICS file and how you attach it to the mail in order to investigate the issue further.

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga

Thank you Remco,

We have originally used this post to set up our ICS file (please see attached file and screenshot of our code to attach the file). We want to avoid signing in to an exchange server, as some of our customers do not use exchange.  Ideally, we would like to send a single attachment that works in all major clients.

There was a link to a forge component in that old post, but it is now broken.  Does this provide any clues?

Many thanks,

Kunal

Remco Dekkinga wrote:

Hi Aditya,

In this very old forum post you can see what the format of the Outlook invite should look like.

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/9547/sending-an-outlook-calendar-event/

Let us know if this helps you. If it doesn't please share the code of your ICS file and how you attach it to the mail in order to investigate the issue further.

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga