Personal Version with External Database

Personal Version with External Database

Hi all;

I'm using the Personal Version to evalulate the possibility of creating a Mobile application with data from either a MSSQL or ORACLE database.  Is this possible with the Personal Version?  I followed the example in the help documentation to attempt to connect to an ORACLE 12c database but always get a timeout error when testing the connection.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Hi Nigel,

You should not have any problem in using an external database in a personal environment. At least for a SQL Server database I have it working.

Check that the Database Connection in Service Center has the right parameters and that you can access your database from any external server.

Cheers,

José

Hi, José Cost. When I try to launch the studio to create the extension I was asked for admin as username and password which I don't know. Please point me on how I can find credential for this. Is this account separate to what I'm currently using? Pardon me, I'm a bit new on using outsystem. Thanks in advance!

Hi John,

When you launch Integration Studio you are asked for the environment, username and password. These are the same as the ones you use to connect to your environment using Service Studio. Thus, if you know the credentials for Service Studio, you also know the credentials for Integration Studio.

Cheers,

José

Hi José, 

Please see attached. This was the message box that was prompted when logging into Integration Studio which is different with what I'm using logging into Service Studio.

When I try to use the credential I use for the Service Studio, this message box pop out. 

Thanks!
John

Hi John,

Are you filling the 'Environment' input field with the OutSystems environment? Something like 'xxxxx.outsystemscloud.com' and not 'localhost'. The username and password are the one for that environment.

Cheers,

José

Hi José,

Finally got it working! Thanks for the help!

Cheers!
John

Hello John Josef

If José Costa answer to your question... it would be nice to mark it as a solution in order to all users known

Kind Regards