Navigate to New web screen is not working in IE

Navigate to New web screen is not working in IE

In Londaon Layout, we are not able to navigate to new webscreen from link in Internet Explorer. Works fine if I add in menu, but not working in Main Page

Hi sivaramakrishna,

You mention that it is not "working", but you don't say if it simply don't do anything, or if it raises an error.

If it is the first case, I would say that the most probable cause is that you have some HTML element that due style (CSS) is over the link element (I already saw this happen more than once).

You can verify this inspecting the main page in browser.
Other possibility would be a JavaScript messing things...

If you see an error, could you show the error here? 

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi sivaramakrishna,

You mention that it is not "working", but you don't say if it simply don't do anything, or if it raises an error.

If it is the first case, I would say that the most probable cause is that you have some HTML element that due style (CSS) is over the link element (I already saw this happen more than once).

You can verify this inspecting the main page in browser.
Other possibility would be a JavaScript messing things...

If you see an error, could you show the error here? 

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Thanks Eduardo for quick reply, It's simply do nothing. If mouse over the link element, it is not showing anything the URL. Did I miss any CSS here? I believe link will work irrespective of CSS, might be wrong.

Thanks,

Siva

Solution

Hello Siva, 

If, through CSS, you move an element like a DIV (container) using position absolute, relative or fixed, and this element is OVER the link, you will not be able to click the link. 

If you inspect the page, and the LINK is there, but when you pass the mouse over it nothing changes and clicking do not change anything, you have an element OVER it, blocking the link.

If you inspect the page using the tool to select elements in the browser window, it will select the element that is over the link. So, the link works, but you can't reach it.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

P.S. We had a case here where we were using a "chat" component that was active for one application and was doing this, prevent part of the screen of being clicked due a bad styled (CSS) div.

Solution

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Siva, 

If, through CSS, you move an element like a DIV (container) using position absolute, relative or fixed, and this element is OVER the link, you will not be able to click the link. 

If you inspect the page, and the LINK is there, but when you pass the mouse over it nothing changes and clicking do not change anything, you have an element OVER it, blocking the link.

If you inspect the page using the tool to select elements in the browser window, it will select the element that is over the link. So, the link works, but you can't reach it.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

P.S. We had a case here where we were using a "chat" component that was active for one application and was doing this, prevent part of the screen of being clicked due a bad styled (CSS) div.

Thank you so much, you saved my day. 

Glad to help :)

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch