[Convert Doc File to Docx File] Can you provide same for pdf

[Convert Doc File to Docx File] Can you provide same for pdf

Forge Component
(4)
Published on 10 Aug by Rajat Agrawal
4 votes
Published on 10 Aug by Rajat Agrawal

Hi Rajat,

Thanks for uploading doc to docx convertor, please can you also provide same from pdf.

Hi Joseph,

Sure I'll provide you soon.

Thanks

Rajat Agrawal

Hey - I need that too!!! I am REALLY needing a way to convert doc and docx into PDF ... but ... it MUST be done in a ServerAction so I can save the PDF to a DB and/or call a webservice and pass the PDF binary.

Have you been able to create the converter to PDF?

Hi Bruce,

I have extension to create pdf but here what you want to create pdf from doc & docx file.

Regards

Rajat Agrawal

Rajat Agrawal wrote:

Hi Bruce,

I have extension to create pdf but here what you want to create pdf from doc & docx file.

Regards

Rajat Agrawal

Not sure what you mean ... how can I convert from doc or docx into PDF on the server?

Bruce Buttles wrote:

Rajat Agrawal wrote:

Hi Bruce,

Regards

Rajat Agrawal

Not sure what you mean ... how can I convert from doc or docx into PDF on the server?

Bottom line, I need to create PDFs in a ServerAction. The data for the PDF comes from our database. I need a way to format the layout of the PDF and populate it with data from the database.

Hi Bruce,

Ok I'll provide that extension to you.

It will solve your problem.

Awesome thanks!

My email is bruce.buttles@redipay.team

Hi Bruce,

I am creating extension for you, just let me know below things-

1) You can do one thing you create temp page with all CSS, JS, layout then pass that link in my extension which will give you html code. Convert that html code into binary with action TextToBinary then pass that binary into download. For this you can download the extension from:-https://www.outsystems.com/forge/Component_Details.aspx?ProjectId=2368

2) I'll provide you the extension in which you pass binary data and it will save pdf on particular location, then you can read that file.

I just want to know the your approach because you the getting values from database then how are you thinking to proceed further.

Regards~

Rajat Agrawal