stuck in tutorial step - please help

stuck in tutorial step - please help

Hi, I stuck in the tutorial which is "Data Queries and Widgets II Exercise.pdf" , page 8 , step J.

I don't know how to fetch the Title from GetMovieById Aggregate. Anyone can show me the step on getting Title from GetMovieById ? 

Thank You~ : )

What is the problem exactly?

Solution

Hi Jack,

You have an aggregate in preparation that has a filter on the form Movie.Id = MovieId (don't know if the names are correct).

So, you have the LIST (with a single record, because there are no two ID's repeated in the table) and the LIST.CURRENT <= First record returned from database.

To use in the page you simply type like this:

GetMovieById.List.Current.Movie.Title (or GetMovieById.List.Current.Title, don't remember).
But as you type, everytime you type the dot "." after an element, (like GetMovieById), it will fill automatically (when there is only a single option) or show you a list for you to pick.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch 

Solution

Hi Jack,
Its always better to choose it from the selection items as in the attached photo

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hi Jack,

You have an aggregate in preparation that has a filter on the form Movie.Id = MovieId (don't know if the names are correct).

So, you have the LIST (with a single record, because there are no two ID's repeated in the table) and the LIST.CURRENT <= First record returned from database.

To use in the page you simply type like this:

GetMovieById.List.Current.Movie.Title (or GetMovieById.List.Current.Title, don't remember).
But as you type, everytime you type the dot "." after an element, (like GetMovieById), it will fill automatically (when there is only a single option) or show you a list for you to pick.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch 

Thank you for your help ~

Mohamed ElMokadem wrote:

Hi Jack,
Its always better to choose it from the selection items as in the attached photo

This is useful for me , Thanks : )