[OneSignal Plugin] Is it possible to show the notifications in device's homescreen?

[OneSignal Plugin] Is it possible to show the notifications in device's homescreen?

Forge Component
(9)
Published on 19 Oct (4 weeks ago) by OutSystems R&D
9 votes
Published on 19 Oct (4 weeks ago) by OutSystems R&D

I am currently sending notifications to my android device. However, they are not appearing in the homescreen. Is this an option that I can configure?

Hello, Joana,

Do you mean that the OnReceived and OnOpened handlers on your app are not being triggered? Or that there were no notifications displayed on Android's drawer?

If you meant the first scenario, there's a workaround that addressed those problems (on both platforms), which was shared on the forums, best described by Frans on this post.

In any case, have you had a look at the guide on this page?

Please let us know if these suggestions helped!

Best regards,

Carlos Simões

Hello! No, not the handlers.

I have configured as demonstrated in the guide you provided, but instead of appearing like this

the notification is hidden in the status bar of the device (where the operator, battery, etc is placed).

Granted, I only tested in one android device so far but i was wondering if it would be a configurable parameter.

Hmm, I see, Joana. Well, that's actually the lockscreen of the device: if you have your phone's screen turned off, receive the push and turn it on, you should see something like that.

The only scenario that I could suspect would make them not show there, is if you had more restrictive Lockscreen notification settings, as described here.

Can you check your settings and test it, please?

Best regards,

Carlos Simões