Entity does not have any text attribute... but it has it!

Entity does not have any text attribute... but it has it!

I'm trying to create a new Webpage by scaffolding an entity, but Outsystems returns this message:

I have read this another post (link) but my entity has a text field as you can see in next screenshot...

So what's is happening?   

And another question... why I can not create an scaffolding of an entity if this entity does not have text attributes? (this is not the case) Maybe I want scaffolding a page that has only integer attributes...

Thx!

Solution

Hi Carlos,

I would say it is a scaffolding bug. The name of the attribute as Id on it so the platform is assuming it is an identifier and not a text.

If you change the name to Project than you should be able to scaffold and than change the name back.

Let me know if it worked.

Ana Reis

Solution

Ana Reis wrote:

Hi Carlos,

I would say it is a scaffolding bug. The name of the attribute as Id on it so the platform is assuming it is an identifier and not a text.

If you change the name to Project than you should be able to scaffold and than change the name back.

Let me know if it worked.

Ana Reis

Yes, it seems an scaffolding bug. If I put another name, works fine... so... thx!

And do you know why I should put a text attribute to scaffolding a page? Maybe I want to create a page without text attributes, maybe with dates and integers...

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

The platform uses the first text attribute to be the first colunm of the table record and to place the link to the edit screen. But I don't know if there is a reason to not do the same with integers or dates for example. I think scaffolding was created based on the most frequently used scenarios, and in the majority of the scenarios we do have a text attribute on our entities (at least the ones that we use to build list and detail screens).

Every time I face this issue I create a dummy text attribute to do the scaffolding and delete it at the end.

Ana

Great idea, thx again!