A question from a begginner

A question from a begginner

Hi everyone.

I have a mobile application consisting of a single blank module(it is easier for me to design my app from scratch). I have generated an .apk for debugging purposes but when I start the application everything I see is a blank screen with the following message: "There was an error processing your request". I get the same result with browser preview.

I want to ask:

Is there some minimal functionality needed(that is provided by outsystems, for example in mobile modules) in order for the application to work.

Thanks.

Solution

Hi,

When you create the first Mobile module, the platform generates a Theme for your application. Part of the Theme's responsibility is to deal with top level exception handling...

What you're experiencing is the platform throwing an exception, and not having any screen to handle that exception.

I strongly advise against starting a Mobile app from a Blank module, but if you really want to go through with that, the reason you're getting that problem is because your screen is by default only accessible to authenticated users. You can enable anonymous access by selecting your Screen and in its properties go to the Roles section, check the Anonymous role, and publish again. You will now get the behaviour you were expecting... an empty Screen that does nothing.

Solution

Jorge Martins wrote:

Hi,

When you create the first Mobile module, the platform generates a Theme for your application. Part of the Theme's responsibility is to deal with top level exception handling...

What you're experiencing is the platform throwing an exception, and not having any screen to handle that exception.

I strongly advise against starting a Mobile app from a Blank module, but if you really want to go through with that, the reason you're getting that problem is because your screen is by default only accessible to authenticated users. You can enable anonymous access by selecting your Screen and in its properties go to the Roles section, check the Anonymous role, and publish again. You will now get the behaviour you were expecting... an empty Screen that does nothing.

Thank you!