JQuery conflicts with Gallery

JQuery conflicts with Gallery

I have a page that uses a template, this template includes a Jquery library 

https://code.jquery.com/jquery-2.2.4.min.js

in an expression.

The template has a placeholder called MainContent, so when i use this template and insert inside this placeholder the gallery pattern, and indicate how many columns i need in desktop (3 columns), mobile (1 column), and tablet (3 columns). I always get 1 column!

and the following exception:

Uncaught Error: Syntax error, unrecognized expression: unsupported pseudo: wtMainContent
    at Function.fa.error (jquery-2.2.4.min.js:2)
    at PSEUDO (jquery-2.2.4.min.js:2)
    at wa (jquery-2.2.4.min.js:2)
    at fa.compile (jquery-2.2.4.min.js:2)
    at fa.select (jquery-2.2.4.min.js:2)
    at Function.fa [as find] (jquery-2.2.4.min.js:2)
    at n.fn.init.find (jquery-2.2.4.min.js:2)
    at n.fn.init (jquery-2.2.4.min.js:2)
    at n (jquery-2.2.4.min.js:2)
    at initGallery (Gallery.ar.js?21431:6)

if i remove the jquery library from the template all works fine, but the problem is that i need this library.

Any suggestions?

Does webppaterns does not have something similar?

Otherwise you should fix the component yourself or grab an older version that works with the Outsystems version.

Even when i use an older version of Jquery, I get the same error.

this gallery pattern is from web patterns, and it works perfectly well without the library.

I am confused then, why is the template using the library and what do you need it for?

Well actually, my colleague is using this library for some menus.

Hmm :)

Either don't use the webpatterns (not recommende)

or fix the menu-library.

Any chance to let us know hat kind of library that is and why it needs jquery at all (after all it's just a menu...)

Hi Mariam,

Loading a new newer version of jQuery is not a recommended practice and it may break OutSystems default functionality.

The Integrate plugin for a recent jQuery version post explains how to temporarily load a new version to run some specific code and then unload it. Please take a look and let us know if can be applied to your case.

Cheers,

Tiago.

Tiago Gafeira wrote:

Hi Mariam,

Loading a new newer version of jQuery is not a recommended practice and it may break OutSystems default functionality.

The Integrate plugin for a recent jQuery version post explains how to temporarily load a new version to run some specific code and then unload it. Please take a look and let us know if can be applied to your case.

Cheers,

Tiago.

Hello,

The solution you proposed does not fit the requirements of my colleagues, because they have built the whole template which gets displayed in each page with it.

So, they cannot load the more recent version for a short time and then unload it.

Is there any other solution?

Hi guys,

We'll take a look at this to see if there's a solution that meets your requirements.

My regards

Hey Mariam,

Is it possible to share with us an oap/oml with it happening? Template included?