Fetch Data from Excel table into web screen

Fetch Data from Excel table into web screen

Hi, 

I'm trying to query data from a table , probably in excel and show the relevant data in web screen. Kindly let me know if there is any option available in outsystems. 

Thanks and Regards,

Priya

Hi, 

Thank you for the solution. Here,there is a minor change in the process I'm trying to implement. I would like to poll the excel periodically and fetch certain rows based on a condition. Kindly let me know if that is possible( to implement any query on the data in excel).

Thanks and Regards,

Priya

Hi Priya,

You cannot directly query your excel but you can, for example, create a page to upload your excel file and run an action that will update data on your entity.

Ana

There are two possibilities.

1) Synchronous

as spoken here, is when the user uploads a file, server reads file, server shows relevant information.

2) Asynchronous

a user or an automatic process writes excel to server disc and an action (a timer or manually triggered) reads the file and updates database. The next user to open the page will see new info. Or you can just mail it.

2.1)

option 2) only works if you can write to disc so Personal Environment isn't an option. But the same can be done with webservices and writing the file to database (or with real time processing), and that way you can do it in PE.