how to mask list record based on filter

how to mask list record based on filter

good day guys.  i was exploring the directory mobile app. i was trying to achieve this function. when a user login , onload event, only the search bar is available, the list record displaying a list of contacts would not be visible, thus hiding the employee list. i want on search it displays only that record typed on the search bar. for example , google.com. when you access that url only the google search bar and logo loads it doesn't display any result list  , unless you type and press enter to display a list of links based on the search. 

Hi Tom,

You can add filter to your aggregate to ensure it only return results for a specific search and than control the list to only appear when the aggregate is not empty.

Ana

Ana Reis wrote:

Hi Tom,

You can add filter to your aggregate to ensure it only return results for a specific search and than control the list to only appear when the aggregate is not empty.

Ana

please correct me if am wrong , here is what i imaginbe, create a local variable of Boolean  type. In the ui mask the container containg the list record with an if widget and set it to false, then in the aggregate apply the filter to filter it based on search condition. please if am wrong i would appreciate a little bit more detail in your explanation.i am trying to test this function in the directorymobile app.Thanks

Yes that is the idea. In your example the search action should change the variable that controls the IF condition to make the list visible.

Hi Tom,

Looking into the directory app you don't even need the if or the boolean variable. Just need to add to the filters a condition to check that the search is not empty.

Ana

Ana Reis wrote:

Hi Tom,

Looking into the directory app you don't even need the if or the boolean variable. Just need to add to the filters a condition to check that the search is not empty.

Ana

thanks alot. please can you just show me a brief snapshot of this your idea. i know there is a show "if" widget that encloses the content container.so at that point am kind of confused ,please can you explain what i can do and what conditions i need to add.Thanks

Hi Tom,

If I understood what you want to do you only need to add a filter to the aggregate like in the image bellow:

And you will get something like this:

Let me know if it works for you.

Ana Reis

Ana Reis wrote:

Hi Tom,

If I understood what you want to do you only need to add a filter to the aggregate like in the image bellow:

And you will get something like this:

Let me know if it works for you.

Ana Reis

Fantastic .It worked. am still trying to get used to this event driven paradigm in p10 for mobile development. the old ways of mostly server side actions and preparation screens to handle onscreen load data has radically changed. do you have online video explaining advanced development on mobile. i also hope you guys port most tech used in native mobile development  like the event driven approach and highly optimized native like performance, react js etc to your web development. it would really boost the app performance for web based apps