How to get Google Maps Mobile working?

How to get Google Maps Mobile working?

Hello OutSystem Support and all the developer here,

First of all, I am really new to "OutSystem" as in beginner and I do not have any idea how or where to start. I would say that the system is very overwhelming as apart from being so user friendly interface, it is the number one low code system in the country. I'd like to thank OutSystem team for launching this and giving us an opportunity to be able to launch our own mobile app in the market (iOS or Google).

So I thought get this google maps mobile working is gonna be my starting point. I do not know why but I feel like getting this one to work would be a lot easier for me to understand the entire thing. I have already done the "Todo" sample but did not get much from it but then it confused me instead (sorry haha).

Anyway, could anyone please assist me, guide me or point me to the right direction on how to use Google Maps Mobile? I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Regards,
Marco

Solution

Hello Marco.

Welcome to our community.

As a big and important step, I would advise you to follow the guided paths that cover almost all the subjects you need.

To learn how to use Google Maps Mobile, you can use the forge component and open it to check the implementation.

Good luck on your journey and let us know how things are going if you need help.

Cheers,

GM

Solution

Marco,

I just remembered that you can also take a look at the SilkUI mobile templates page, where you have an application template called Customer App Template where you can check the usage of Google Maps.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,

GM

Hi Marco,

I just want to reenforce Gonçalo's suggestion:

As a big and important step, I would advise you to follow the guided paths that cover almost all the subjects you need.

Going through the guided paths that match your development needs is the best way to learn OutSystems. Since you show interest in Mobile development, I'd suggest you start with Becoming a Mobile Developer path, and in particular with the Developing OutSystems Mobile Apps course.

Going through an application sample like the Customer App Template is probably even more overwhelming than the To Do tutorial...

Hello GM and JM,

Thank you guys for getting back to me so quick. I really do appreciate it.

I guess a lot more reading for me this coming days.

Regards,

Marco