Multiple File Upload

Multiple File Upload

hi,

i recently downloaded multiple file upload from the forge and it works fine with a few tweaks, i am having a problem changing the default upload location as i would like to upload the files to an entity of my own, the default is set to the entity that is provided in the demo module.

if someone knows how to solve this problem it would be much appreciated 

outsystems 10.0.613.0 my current version

Hi Imraan,

I'm assuming your are referring to this component: https://www.outsystems.com/forge/200/

To upload the files to your own entity you should:

1. Copy WebScreen ProcessFiles from MultipleFileUpload Module to a WebFlow in your Module
  2. Add an Entry Point in your WebFlow that points to your ProcessFiles WebScreen
  3. Change the Preparation of your ProcessFiles WebScreen to save the file in the entity that you want (instead of using the CreateUploadCache)
  4. The FileProcessURL property of the MultipleFileUpload should be the URL of the Entry Point that you created.

Let me know if these steps helped you or not.

Cheers,

José

PS: The steps above are a somewhat more detailed and specific version of the notes in the HelpPopup in the MultipleFileUpload_Demo Module

José Costa wrote:

Hi Imraan,

I'm assuming your are referring to this component: https://www.outsystems.com/forge/200/

1. Copy WebScreen ProcessFiles from MultipleFileUpload Module to a WebFlow in your Module
  2. Add an Entry Point in your WebFlow that points to your ProcessFiles WebScreen
  3. Change the Preparation of your ProcessFiles WebScreen to save the file in the entity that you want (instead of using the CreateUploadCache)
  4. The FileProcessURL property of the MultipleFileUpload should be the URL of the Entry Point that you created.

Cheers,

José

PS: The steps above are a somewhat more detailed and specific version of the notes in the HelpPopup in the MultipleFileUpload_Demo Module

hi José,

i have sorted out the problem by using another plugin from the forge called documentUploadDownload, its much easier to understand when you need to tweak it and its basically a simplified version of multiple file upload that only includes the logic that you want and requires no javascript 

kind regards 

Imraan 

Imraan Ismail wrote:

José Costa wrote:

Hi Imraan,

Cheers,

José

hi José,

i have sorted out the problem by using another plugin from the forge called documentUploadDownload, its much easier to understand when you need to tweak it and its basically a simplified version of multiple file upload that only includes the logic that you want and requires no javascript 

kind regards 

Imraan 

Hi Imraan

Can you share the link for the component? I am not able to find any such in forge

Regards

Sahaduna

Sahaduna wrote:

Imraan Ismail wrote:

José Costa wrote:

Hi Imraan,

Cheers,

José

hi José,

kind regards 

Imraan 

Hi Imraan

Can you share the link for the component? I am not able to find any such in forge

Regards

Sahaduna

Can share your email address I will export it and send it via email

Sahaduna wrote:

Imraan Ismail wrote:

Sahaduna wrote:

Imraan Ismail wrote:

José Costa wrote:

Hi Imraan,

Cheers,

José

hi José,

kind regards 

Imraan 

Hi Imraan

Regards

Sahaduna

Can share your email address I will export it and send it via email

sa00440565@techmahindra.com

Sorry I have spoken to my Team Lead and I'm not allowed to share this due to it being IP of my company.

I do apologize and It was something from the forge that we improved on so there is no out of the box solution to this  

José Costa wrote:

Hi Imraan,

Cheers,

José

Hi Jose,

I am stuck with the fourth step. How to get the URL of the current entry point?

SyntaxEditor Code Snippet

Substr(GetOwnerURLPath(),0,Index(GetOwnerURLPath(),GetPersonalAreaName())+Length(GetPersonalAreaName()))+"/MultipleFileUpload/Upload.aspx" 

Above is the default URL path. How do I modify the above to direct it to the new entrypoint

Regards,

Sahaduna

Solution

Hi Sahaduna,

The URL should end in "/<Module Name>/<EntryPoint Name>.aspx"

Does this help you?

Cheers,

José

Solution

José Costa wrote:

Hi Sahaduna,

The URL should end in "/<Module Name>/<EntryPoint Name>.aspx"