Is there any Extension to find out the possible area where table can get locked

Is there any Extension to find out the possible area where table can get locked

Hi Everyone,

Is there any Extension to find out the area(Action name, table....) where table can get locked, if not can you please share your ideas to create such utility.

Thanks

Rajendra Singh

What do you mean by locking?

If you mean database-locking, I hope you don't have your tables exposed as public with "readonly" is false.

This means every espace is able to use advanced-sql and create/update/deletes on your tables...

Best practice is to have the readonly always on true or even have the entity to private.

when settinging the readonly flag or private you end up with incompatible consumers, so you know which espaces are possible abusing the table (and thus perhaps locking)

J. wrote:

What do you mean by locking?

If you mean database-locking, I hope you don't have your tables exposed as public with "readonly" is false.

This means every espace is able to use advanced-sql and create/update/deletes on your tables...

Best practice is to have the readonly always on true or even have the entity to private.

when settinging the readonly flag or private you end up with incompatible consumers, so you know which espaces are possible abusing the table (and thus perhaps locking)

Thanks J.,

i want to create a screen where i can show the action name which can lock the table.

For example, i have a save action to save the client details in the tblclientdetails table, and i am using the GettblclientdetailsforUpdate action to save the data.

So in the save action there is a possibility to lock the  'tblclientdetails' table, as this action locks the table to prevent other process from accessing the entity record.

Thanks 

Rajendra Singh

I am really curious (with the other post as well) why you even want to achieve this?

for example, if you are using advanced sql it really depends how good or bad the sql is if the table is being locked or not. No way you can "predict" that 100% upfront.

Thanks a lot for the advice  J,

In my case, we have a application which is running in production, where there are lots of table which are getting locked, when we went through the code, we found the bed code in so many places.

So we want to create a utility which will identify the location of bad code.

Thanks

Rajendra Singh

really, set the table to private and create wrappers. instantly you know where the bad code is, because espaces will become incompatible..