Is there any table to get the Table action name which we are using?

Is there any table to get the Table action name which we are using?

Hi Everyone,

Is there any table in outsystems from where we can get the table action name used in action, for example i have a action Save, to save the Client data into a table' TableCliendDetails' and i am using the 'CreateTableCliendDetails' action  to save the Client details. 

So Where outsystems store the 'CreateTableCliendDetails' details, is there any table?

Thanks

Rajendra Singh

Hello Rajendra,

What do you mean by details?

The actions are always the same. The inputs are the same for all create actions for example. Only the data type change to be that of the entity.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Rajendra,

What do you mean by details?

The actions are always the same. The inputs are the same for all create actions for example. Only the data type change to be that of the entity.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Cheers

Eduardo Jauch

Hi Eduardo Juch,

Details means, the details of the action which i have used, for example we can get the entity details in Ossys_entity Table similarly i want to know the details of the table action(for example 'CreateTableCliendDetails'),

I want to create a screen where i want to display the name of the table action( for example 'CreateTableCliendDetails') which i have used inside the save action.

Thanks

Rajendra Singh

Hello Rajendra,

I think there is no such a thing.

But as "you" know which action you used in the page logic (because you have to drag and drop it there), you can simply show the action name in the page, if you need, using always the same pattern <Action><Entity Name>, like CreateTable, CreateOrUpdateTable, etc.

By the way, why do you need to show the action "name" in the screen?

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Create a wrapper around those CRUD-actions, in there you log indeed what happens etc.

There *is* a different way, but it will kill your performance, so I would not recommend it, only if you really really really need it. (and I am not sure if it would work 100% or at all. I have tried it some years ago)

Create a similar action with integration-studio, and call that fucntion inside your wrapper and there you can "loop" through the frames and you will see what the parents are...

(and you have to return it ofcourse)

public void MyMethod()
{
     StackTrace stackTrace = new System.Diagnostics.StackTrace();
     StackFrame frame = stackTrace.GetFrames()[1];
     MethodInfo method = frame.GetMethod();
     string methodName = method.Name;
     Type methodsClass = method.DeclaringType;
}

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.diagnostics.stacktrace.aspx

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.diagnostics.stackframe.aspx

Thanks a lot J., I will try your way.