[AdvancedAmazonS3] ListFiles Method

[AdvancedAmazonS3] ListFiles Method

Forge Component
(25)
Published on 9 Oct (9 days ago) by Hanno
25 votes
Published on 9 Oct (9 days ago) by Hanno

We are using the AdvancedAmazonS3 Forge component.  It doesn't have a means of listing the contents of a Bucket. So we need to implement a method to do so.  Is this something someone has already done and would like to share how they did it?

If not, could someone outline the approach.  I was hoping to be able to return a list of S3File objects that I could traverse within the platform.

Just a quick update.  We have extended the AdvancedAmazonS3 xif to now return a RecordList of S3Files.

Hi Colin,

Were you using the unmodified version of AdvancedAmazonS3.xif before you added the new feature for listing the bucket contents?

I'm unable to use the SaveFile feature as it returns empty S3File structure.

We started with the component from the forge.  Since then we have updated the component to use Amazon SDK v3 and added the List method.

Hope that helps. In the true spirit of sharing that the forge and community represents, I am happy to share.

Solution

Colin Crawford wrote:

We started with the component from the forge.  Since then we have updated the component to use Amazon SDK v3 and added the List method.

Hope that helps. In the true spirit of sharing that the forge and community represents, I am happy to share.

Please see attached modified AdvancedAmazonS3-ListFiles.XIF.  No warranties implied or given :-)

I hope it helps you in some way.  Let me know please.

Solution

Thanks Colin for sharing the extension. Yes definitely it helps.

Even the first version that I was trying worked then, because I was providing the Name parameter instead of Key parameter to the SaveFile action.