Problems in Create Database Connection

Problems in Create Database Connection

I'm trying to create database connection with database which can be accessed through SQL Server Management Studio. I chose the option SQL Server / SQL Azure in DBMS and I filled the other options with the same credentials that I use to access database with SQL Server but always
occurs the following error: 

"Connection String test failed: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)"

I already configured the firewall to allow connections and SQL Server to allow remote access but it still does not work. 

How can I solve this problem?

Best Regards.

Hi Rodriguez,

You need to make sure that the servername (url) of your SQL Server environment is accessible from your OutSystems environment. Check if there is an open connection in both ways and validate that the port is also open on both locations (SQL Server runs on a separate port).

p.s. Are you running On Premise or in the Cloud with OutSystems? On Premise you can set the firewall settings yourself and when running in the OS Cloud, you can open a ticket for OutSystems to check those settings.

Kind regards,

Remco Dekkinga