platform dependency

platform dependency

If i will make 50 applications in OutSystem and now i am moving to another platform and want to move those 50 application to my new platform then whether is it possible or not in OutSystem??  

Hello Adarsh,

If the other platform is Another OutSystems server, the short answer is yes, of course.

If your other platform is anything else but OutSystems, the short answer is no, you can't.
But this is no different than have 50 applications made in ASP.net and now move to a PHP environment. Basically, you will have to rewrite everything, and verify everything (even if you use some kind of automatic conversion software). 

What's your case?

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

No, i means to say that if in future i want to migrate from outsystem to another say Mendix as an example then it is possible in Outsystem or not

Adarsh Kumar wrote:

No, i means to say that if in future i want to migrate from outsystem to another say Mendix as an example then it is possible in Outsystem or not

In theory, maybe it would be possible to detach an application from the platform. But even if you get this to work (and I think it would be very difficult) no, you would not be able to "convert it" to Mendix or any other System, nor would you be able to develop the code anymore. 

The short answer is: The applications made with OutSystems, stay with OutSystems (as most of other proprietary systems). 

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Hi Adarsh,

When you're terminating an Enterprise License you can request for OutSystems to enable Detach Source Code for your infrastructure. If you detach your application's code you will end up with the generated source code and everything required to keep your applications running on the underlying stack (Java/.Net). This way you can still run them on the Application Server without the OutSystems Platform.

The downside will be you are now left with .Net/Java code to maintain instead of benefiting from OutSystems' platform self-healing and low-code approach, but it was your choice to move away from OutSystems in the first place, so I expect you would've thought this through by then.

As far as I know, there are no other migration paths to other technologies other than directly to the stack the application servers the platform runs on.

Jorge,

Out of curiosoty.
When the application is detached, the code is "user friendly" or it is "as it is"...?

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch