[CKEditor] Upload video

[CKEditor] Upload video

Forge Component
(13)
Published on 2017-02-19 by Carlos Henriques
13 votes
Published on 2017-02-19 by Carlos Henriques

Hello!

Is there any tool to upload video from the computer's local storage?

Thank you,

Rafael Valente

Hi Rafael,

Are you looking for uploading videos to your webapp from your local machine? If so, you can upload Videos as normal upload files, any File Upload component should work.

Shashank..  

Hello Shashank,

Yes, i want to upload videos from my local machine. The thing is if i do what you're suggesting, i can only upload the video. Imagine i want to add the video and text in my content. So the solution i wanted is that the CKEditor already had a button to upload video from local storage.

Hi Rafael,

I don't see the insert Video option in the current Forge version of CKEditor, however this feature is there in it. Please check the below link, and see the screen shot, this is exactly what you are looking for.

https://ckeditor.com/addon/html5video

Shashank

Shashank Diwan wrote:

Hi Rafael,

I don't see the insert Video option in the current Forge version of CKEditor, however this feature is there in it. Please check the below link, and see the screen shot, this is exactly what you are looking for.

https://ckeditor.com/addon/html5video

Shashank

Hello Shashank,

By the description, that's exactly what i'm looking for. Unfortunately, i'm finding hard to understand how can i add this to CKEditor. Can you describe how to do it, please? 

Hi Rafael,

As far as I know, CKEditor does not have "upload file" on it by default, or in its code. At least in the past. In a "normal" scenario, you would adapt the existing upload code in the site to use from the CKEditor, or a plugin.

But I don't know if this is possible in the component in the Forge. It is like adding a plugin to a plugin;)
Probably would require some work in the Forge component itself.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Hi Rafael,

You can probably have an entity to store your Videos and add another column to add a description of it to show. 

Like Eduardo said it will require some work to add the addon plugin to CKEditor for your needs.

Shashank..

Hello guys,

Thank you for your responses.

I'm gonna try to add the html5video plugin to the CKEditor.

Regards,

Rafael Valente

Hi, I can upload video but when i input the video widget it prompts for a source file. I put fliename (text) as binary data is showing error. How do i upload a video and play it on the web as content provider. 

Thank you

Kelvin