I cannot see the SQL tool

I cannot see the SQL tool

I'm new to outsystems.  I've managed to connect to our SQL server and can build screens which show the data from our SQL server.

My problem is that the SQL entities don't have the usual CreateTable, UpdateTable, GetTable actions that outsystems entities have and I cannot find the SQLTool mentioned in the documentation in order to create updates to the SQL tables myself.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ron

Hi Ron,

Not getting very clearly what you are trying to mention here however,

These methods are the frontend methods created by the platform, meaning the methods you can create by any programming languages like .net or java.

you can create functions or procedures in SQL to manage such methods at your database end.

Shashank 

Solution

Ron Harpham wrote:

I'm new to outsystems.  I've managed to connect to our SQL server and can build screens which show the data from our SQL server.

My problem is that the SQL entities don't have the usual CreateTable, UpdateTable, GetTable actions that outsystems entities have and I cannot find the SQLTool mentioned in the documentation in order to create updates to the SQL tables myself.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ron

It's OK, I found it.  You have to be in a Server action in order for it to appear in the tool box.  Makes sense really.

Ron

Solution