Getting error while testing database connection on configuration tool

Getting error while testing database connection on configuration tool

Hi,

I got below error on eventviewer.

SO I tested the connection on configuration tool and got error as cited below. I reset passwords for OSADMIN and all users which solved the issue. But after few hours I got the same error on viewer. And test connections failed again.

Could anyone please help me on this ?

Hi Prakash,

Error message screenshot is not visible properly. Can you just post error message one more time?

Thanks and Regards,

Suraj Borade

Hi Suraj,

Please find the error message from eventviewer

Error opening connection to the database: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)
The retrying was unsuccessful.

at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, UInt32 waitForMultipleObjectsTimeout, Boolean allowCreate, Boolean onlyOneCheckConnection, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningObject, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.TryGetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions, DbConnectionInternal oldConnection, DbConnectionInternal& connection)
   at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionInternal.TryOpenConnectionInternal(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory, TaskCompletionSource`1 retry, DbConnectionOptions userOptions)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpenInner(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.TryOpen(TaskCompletionSource`1 retry)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Extensibility.Data.TransactionService.BaseTransactionService.GetConnection()
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Extensibility.Data.TransactionService.BaseTransactionService.CreateConnection(Int32 numRetries)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Extensibility.Data.TransactionService.BaseTransactionService.CreateConnection(Int32 numRetries)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Extensibility.Data.TransactionService.GenericTransactionManager.BuildTransactionInfo()
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Extensibility.Data.TransactionService.GenericTransactionManager.GetRequestTransaction()
   at OutSystems.Internal.Db.DatabaseAccessProvider`1.GetRequestTransaction()
   at sslifetimeapi.TimerAPIDownloads_CleanExpired.Execute(HeContext heContext, Int32 timeout)
   at sslifetimeapi.TimerHandler.ExecuteTimer(String ssKey, Int32 timeout, Int32 tenantId)
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.LogicalMethodInfo.Invoke(Object target, Object[] values)
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandler.Invoke()
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebServiceHandler.CoreProcessRequest()
   at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SyncSessionlessHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ApplicationStepManager.ResumeSteps(Exception error)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.BeginProcessRequest(HttpContext context, AsyncCallback cb, Object extraData)
   at System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr)
   at System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNoDemand(HttpWorkerRequest wr)
   at System.Web.Hosting.ISAPIRuntime.ProcessRequest(IntPtr ecb, Int32 iWRType)

Message generated by eSpace lifetimeapi.

Hi Prakash,

Check if you can connect with the database using SQL Management tool with same information. Also try to change from IP to Server Name or vice-versa.

Shashank...

I have the same problem

Were you able to resolve this issue?