Destination with HTTP POST

Destination with HTTP POST

Hi,

When i use a "Destination" gadget, is it possible to specify if this an HTTP GET or POST? It seems that HTTP GET is always used... Is there any workaround?

Regards,
Marco Mendonça.
Hi Marco,

Don't know if it's possible with Destination widget, but if you somehow use Link Widget, there's a Method property to specify that: select Submit (for HTTP POST) or Link (for HTTP GET).

Hope that helped,
Pedro Gonçalves
Hi,

The problem is: there's a page with a link (Submit). This page executes a Screen action, and in that action flow there's a "Destination" widget that directs to another page. The problem is that the parameters to that other page are supplied with HTTP GET, and it would be nice if it could be HTTP POST. Is there any way to accomplish this?

Regards,
Marco Mendonça.
Hi Marco,

to have an external destination with a post you will have to use unescaped html expressions and manually compose the form with the correct action. You cannot use a standard destination for that.

If you have trouble doing it, please let me know.

Lúcio
Hi,

Thanks for the tip. Can you show me some sample about how to do this with HTTP arguments supplied to an external site using HTTP POST?

Regards,
Marco Mendonça.
I only noticed now that this is the mobile web forum. I think it is not possible to solve this for mobile web.
Anyway, I made an example that works for Web (both firefox and IE). It turned out to be a little more complex than I expected since the form has to be built using javascript.

Regards,
Lúcio
Hi,

Thanks for the sample. I couldn't open it, though. My ServiceStudio version is 3.1.3.31, and the sample is from a higher version. Any chance to convert the sample so this version is supported?

Regards,
Marco Mendonça.
Hi again.

Here is the same in a 3.1 version.

Cheers,
Lucio