External Database Table ID comparison with Local Identifier

External Database Table ID comparison with Local Identifier

In the screenshot below, I am trying to compare an external DB table identifier to a local storage table identifier.  

If I remove the conversion function, I get this:

Any suggestions on how to handle this?

Hi Daniel, 

It should only give the warning if you remove the comparison function, I tried something as you were doing and getting only warning.

I can only get the clarity if you can share the oml.

Sachin

Hi Daniel!  What is the data type of the right-side entity? (LocalForm_Answer)

Sachin Mahawar wrote:

Hi Daniel, 

It should only give the warning if you remove the comparison function, I tried something as you were doing and getting only warning.

I can only get the clarity if you can share the oml.

Sachin

Unfortunately I can't share the oml.  And I get an error, not a warning.  The error I receive is:

This is assigning the (external table identifier) tblFormAnswer Identifier to the value of (a local storage table) LocalFormAnswer Identifier.

Doug_inVA wrote:

Hi Daniel!  What is the data type of the right-side entity? (LocalForm_Answer)

Hi Doug, the data type is (LocalForm_Answer) Identifier.

Hi Daniel,

I would say that the FormAnswerId is not of type Integer. I would guess that it is of type Text.

If that is the case, then do something like this to convert to Integer:

TextToInteger(IdentifierToText(FormAnswerId))

If not, then you still have to check what is the type of FormAnswerId and do the corresponding conversion.

Tell me if that was not the case.

Cheers,

José

Solution

José Costa wrote:

Hi Daniel,

I would say that the FormAnswerId is not of type Integer. I would guess that it is of type Text.

If that is the case, then do something like this to convert to Integer:

TextToInteger(IdentifierToText(FormAnswerId))

If not, then you still have to check what is the type of FormAnswerId and do the corresponding conversion.

Tell me if that was not the case.

Cheers,

José

Thanks Jose,

The LocalForm_Answer Id data type was broken--it was supposed to be of Identifier data type of an old OutSystems entity.  Once I changed the datatype of the local storage table to Identifier of the external DB table, then it all worked.

Thank you all for your help!

Solution