How to retrieve the Hub Node that is executing the request

How to retrieve the Hub Node that is executing the request

Hi,

I would like to know how can I retrieve the Hub Node that is executing the request, like Service Center does, in the Monitoring pages.
Thanks,
Olivier
Hi Olivier,

In .net we just need to use Integration Studio to create an extension that returns System.Environment.MachineName.

It shouldn't be too hard to find the Java equivalent to make this extension cross-platform.

Cheers,
Tiago
Thanks for your answer Tiago!

I thought that the info showned in Monitoring was the Hub Server name (defined in the Administration/Server configuration tab of ServiceCenter), and I now see that it is the NetBIOS name.

I would really need to have the Hub Server name, and not the NetBIOS name, because I need to get data from the Server System entity.

Can you help on this?
Thanks,
Olivier
Hi,

In that case you need to use the System.Net.Dns.Resolve(Environment.MachineName) function in an extension and match by ip address with the Server system entity.

Hope this helps,
Tiago
I've downloaded your extension but I can't figure out how to integrate it I've imported it into my espace but it doesn't show up anywhere. Can someone help me out with this, I really need to be able to grab the netbios name because our DNS structure is all screwed up.

Thanks,

-Tristan
Hi Tristan,

First of all, welcome to our Community!

A few questions to see if we can pinpoint your problem:
- Did you publish the extension to your server?
- After that, did you open up the Add/Remove References screen in Service Studio? It's that little icon on the top tools, with that shortcut...
- After opening up this screen, add the reference to the GetMachineName action (you need to select the GetMachineName extension on the left tree and then the GetMachineName action on the right)
- After this, this action will be available on any Action Flow...it shows up on the left tree, under Referenced Actions.

Let me know if this helped you, and have fun using the platform!
Cheers,
Gonçalo
Alright I figured it out, I'm just curious what action flow would you put this under to get it to pull the comptuer name from the netbios? would you put it in the scancomptuer action flow?
Hi again Tristan,

Sorry for the vague answer previously, but It wasn't clear to me that you wanted to customize Asset Manager (that is what you're doing, right?)

The extension you downloaded will give you the machine name for your Server (i.e. the machine that is executing your request). So regardless of the computer your scanning (assuming you're customizing Asset Manager), it will always return the same name.

For example, if I ran this extension on my computer it would always return PCGGAIOLAS, which is my computer's NetBios name.

Can you tell me what exactly do you need?
Cheers,
Gonçalo

PS : If you're actually customizing Asset Manager, let me know in the end how it went, or reach me using the forums if you need more help! And have fun while doing it :)
Okay, so in IT asset manager it shows the computer name but from what I have seen so far it is just showing the DNS entry from active directory, the problem is a lot of the DNS entries in our active directory are not correct. So what I want to happen is for IT asset manager to pull the name from the computer, so the netbios name, not just the DNS entry.

Thanks,

-Tristan
Also I have another random question is it possible to search for service tags in asset manager?

Thanks,

-Tristan
Hi Tristan,

To search for for service tags you can use OutSystems Service Studio to edit the Preparation action of the Hardware web screen.

There you can change the GetHardware Query. Add the following to the end of the 1st condition:
"or ComputerSystem.IdentifyingNumber like Search"

After this you can 1-Click Publish your espace and you will be able to search for service tags from the hardware list page.

Cheers,
Tiago

Tristan,

Sorry for the late reply. I'll try to answer your question as accurately as possible.

IT Asset Manager uses Netapi32 to list all the computers in your network, which means it doesn't perform an IP scan. The name it displays is also retrieved using this API, so right now there is little control over this aspect of the scanning process.

If you look into the NetworkInformation extension, maybe you can find the information you're looking for. To do this, you can use Integration Studio and Visual Studio 2005.

I hope this helps. Get back to me if you need more help...
Cheers,
Gonçalo