[Camera Plugin] Uploading video

[Camera Plugin] Uploading video

Forge Component
(10)
Published on 23 Jul by OutSystems R&D
10 votes
Published on 23 Jul by OutSystems R&D

Hi, 

What is the best way to use this plugin to upload a video from a gallery or record video? 

Is it planned to be included as exposed user actions in next releases?

Thank you.

Hello, Mykola,

Have you tried using the Upload widget with type set to "Video"? It should allow both recording and picking a video from the gallery.

Best regards,

Carlos Simões

Hi Carlos,

Yes I've tried Upload widget and it indeed gives me access to camera and library to select video or photo. However switching to video crashes the app immediately. Selecting the video doesn't trigger onChange event of the widget and manual triggering it reviews that binary file associated with widget is empty.

Are you experiencing the crashes on iOS, Mykola? If so, we have identified an issue in the past where mobile apps would not include the necessary microphone permission descriptions, making the apps crash as soon as video recording was selected.

The easiest workaround is to simply use a plugin with the appropriate permissions and descriptions (like this one), while we're fixing it. No need to actually use an action, just reference it and re-generate your mobile app, which will now include all it needs.

As for the issue with selecting videos, does it occur when you select a large video? Could you try selecting a smaller one and see if it works as expected?

Best regards,

Carlos Simões

Yes it's on iOS. I will try use suggested plugin.

Video is small - 2 sec 1080p video.

On Android simulator recording video and uploading works fine.

A 2 second video seems like it would be small (in terms of MB), but depending on the device's resources even a small file could be a problem.

Could you please get in touch with us via a support case, so we can follow-up on our investigation, please?

Thanks in advance, and best regards,

Carlos Simões

Carlos Simões wrote:

Hello, Mykola,

Have you tried using the Upload widget with type set to "Video"? It should allow both recording and picking a video from the gallery.

Best regards,

Carlos Simões

Hello,

could you explain how to set the type to picyure to access live camera.

Regards,

Iniyavan.