[Image Repository] mobile app saving to gallery

[Image Repository] mobile app saving to gallery

Forge Component
(2)
Published on 2014-01-04 by Nuno Reis
2 votes
Published on 2014-01-04 by Nuno Reis

hi,

will this component be useful for a mobile app to save images sent in a chat to the users gallery

A chat seems a good opportunity to use this because images have little demand and the reading from disk process (that is slower than from DB) wouldn't have an impact.

This was an alternative to save space in DB when Community edition used free databases with limits in size. Now with Personal Environment the problem of space is no longer in the DB and you can't write into disk so this became useless.

i want to use this feature for people that wish to save images from the chat in the mobile app so in other words im looking for a way to add this function to my app, it is already saving to the DB but users want the ability to save these images to their gallery

This is not to save to the users disk. It was to save to the server disk.

yes i am aware of that but the question is, can it be altered to save to disk or is there another component that i can use that will give me that functionality

Imraan Ismail wrote:

yes i am aware of that but the question is, can it be altered to save to disk or is there another component that i can use that will give me that functionality

It is possible to save to client's disk (download), but security measures prevent the browsers from reading them, so there's no point.