invalid entry size (expected 4294967295 but got 2065 bytes)

invalid entry size (expected 4294967295 but got 2065 bytes)

Hi everyone, 

its like zip file is exceeding the limit, but as per the issue

invalid entry size (expected 4294967295 but got 2065 bytes) and it says size should not be greater then 4294967295 bytes, but actual size is 2965 byte,

my question is

1:-What is the mean of  ' invalid entry size (expected 4294967295 but got 2065 bytes)'

what should be the maximum size of file.?

and what is the action name where we are getting the error?

Thanks

Rajendra Singh

Hello Rajendra,

Please, provide context.
What are you trying to do. Where are you doing it. How are you doing it. Are you using components from forge? Are you uploading file or using from database? Are you using which version, P10 or P9?

Without full context, we will spend a lot of time trying to understand the problem and giving you, probably, not useful information.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Hi,

What the error says is that expected the file size to be 4294967295 but is smaller than expected just 2065 bytes. 

Are you sure the zip isn't corrupted?

Best Regards,

Marcelo

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Rajendra,

Please, provide context.
What are you trying to do. Where are you doing it. How are you doing it. Are you using components from forge? Are you uploading file or using from database? Are you using which version, P10 or P9?

Without full context, we will spend a lot of time trying to understand the problem and giving you, probably, not useful information.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Thanks Eduardo Jauch,

I am using the zip extension to create a zip and transfer the file using SFTP,

uploading the the file,

version is P9.

Thanks

Rajendra Singh

I think we should go by steps. Can you create the zip  with the zip extension and download that zip and open it and everything is right?

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi,

What the error says is that expected the file size to be 4294967295 but is smaller than expected just 2065 bytes. 

Best Regards,

Marcelo

Thanks  Marcelo Ferreira, we are getting the above error but not able to identify where exactly.

Thanks

Rajendra Singh 

Rajendra koranga wrote:

Marcelo Ferreira wrote:

Hi,

Best Regards,

Marcelo

Thanks  Marcelo Ferreira, we are getting the above error but not able to identify where exactly.

Thanks

Rajendra Singh 

Well,

Before anything, you should identify WHEN the error happens, so you know at which part of the code the error is being triggered. After which action, lets say.

If you don't know where the error happens is much more difficult to help.

Hi Rajendra,

What could be the case, is that there was actually an overflow in the size, and the 2065 represents an overflowed (overflown?) value (though it's weird then that it still can detect the maximum is exceeded). If you use a normal ZIP tool like 7Zip or WinZip, what does it show? Do these tools also give an error?

Hello,

So, are you uploading the file, than zipping it, and than sending it through FTP?
If it is so, than you are getting this error when trying to ZIP the file.

I would say that in this case, maybe you are trying to zip an incomplete uploaded file, maybe?

Using breakpoints you can find the place where the error happen.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Rajendra,

What could be the case, is that there was actually an overflow in the size, and the 2065 represents an overflowed (overflown?) value (though it's weird then that it still can detect the maximum is exceeded). If you use a normal ZIP tool like 7Zip or WinZip, what does it show? Do these tools also give an error?

Thanks Kilian Hekhuis,

I am using the zip extension to create a zip file, while creating a zip, i am getting the above error, so now i have two option one is to raise the error message when the data limit is exceeding  and sec is to increase the limit.

Thanks 

Rajendra Singh

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello,

So, are you uploading the file, than zipping it, and than sending it through FTP?
If it is so, than you are getting this error when trying to ZIP the file.

I would say that in this case, maybe you are trying to zip an incomplete uploaded file, maybe?

Using breakpoints you can find the place where the error happen.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Yes you are right Eduardo Jauch, the file which i am trying to zip is xml always, i have debugged.

now i have two option one is to raise the error message when the data limit is exceeding  and sec is to increase the limit.

Thanks 

Rajendra singh

Hi Rajendra

What is the size of the XML file you are trying to zip?

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Hi Eduardo Jauch

Adding multiple files of xml then creating zip, and the size of xml is not fixed it will be more the 174 kb each.

Thanks

Rajendra Singh

Rajendra koranga wrote:

Hi Eduardo Jauch

Adding multiple files of xml then creating zip, and the size of xml is not fixed it will be more the 174 kb each.

Thanks

Rajendra Singh

Hello Rajendra,

I'm asking the size of the files you are adding in your test that are causing the problem.
The test that is failing. What is the size of the files (the sum) that you are adding in this test?

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch