[OutSystems UI Mobile] RangeSliderInterval MaxValue expression causes app to stop

[OutSystems UI Mobile] RangeSliderInterval MaxValue expression causes app to stop

Forge Component
(31)
Published on 4 Oct (14 days ago) by OutSystems R&D
31 votes
Published on 4 Oct (14 days ago) by OutSystems R&D

In my app i have a RangeSliderInterval. It seems to contain a bug, because when i set MaxValue with an expression (as shown below), the app stops unexpectedly the second time i open the page. When i replace the expression with a literal value, it works fine. 

Platform version 10.0.603.3 in the cloud.

Best regards,

Leen Rietveld.

Hey Leen,

By expression you mean you are using a variable, yes? If that is the case I wasn't able to replicate on my end. Can you please try to create a brand new app and copy/paste your example there to see if it still happens?

Hi Leen,

Can you please check the range between the Min and Max values that are being generated?

My feeling is that the range is very wide and since you're using pips with a step of 10, the browser is trying to create a big number of those in runtime.

Example: from 0 to 5000 with a step of 10, the browser needs to render 500 pips when loading the screen

We made a small change recently (not yet in production) on the range slider to make it still render properly but reducing the amount of pips if needed.

Rita Dias wrote:

Hey Leen,

By expression you mean you are using a variable, yes? If that is the case I wasn't able to replicate on my end. Can you please try to create a brand new app and copy/paste your example there to see if it still happens?

Hi Rita,

I mean i am using a variable indeed. I will try your suggestion, but i can't do that before tuesday.

Best regards,

Leen Rietveld.

Dinis Carvalho wrote:

Hi Leen,

Can you please check the range between the Min and Max values that are being generated?

My feeling is that the range is very wide and since you're using pips with a step of 10, the browser is trying to create a big number of those in runtime.

Example: from 0 to 5000 with a step of 10, the browser needs to render 500 pips when loading the screen

We made a small change recently (not yet in production) on the range slider to make it still render properly but reducing the amount of pips if needed.

Hi Dinis,

They are weeknumbers, so the range is not wide, from 1 - 52 or 53 in some years.

Best regards,

Leen Rietveld.

Hello Leen,

How are you setting the value of the MaxWeek variable?

When you say that the problem happens the second time you open the page, this lead me to think it is possibly a problem in the definition of the value in the variable that is assuming a value too high (or too low), for example, causing problems.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Eduardo Jauch wrote:

Hello Leen,

How are you setting the value of the MaxWeek variable?

When you say that the problem happens the second time you open the page, this lead me to think it is possibly a problem in the definition of the value in the variable that is assuming a value too high (or too low), for example, causing problems.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Hi Eduardo,

The variable is set in the 'OnInitialize' action of the page by calling a server action in another module.

Regards,

Leen.

Rita Dias wrote:

Hey Leen,

Hi Rita,

I can't reproduce the issue in a new app with only the RangeSliderInterval. So i guess it is something in the interplay between the elements of the page.

Best regards,

Leen.

Hey Leen,

Is there a way that you can send us the oml that has the issue?