RichWidget List_navigation parameters

RichWidget List_navigation parameters

Sorry if my doubt do not make sense or is not relevant ....

But in help says  that

• "TotalRowCount: The 'Length' runtime property of the TableRecords or ListRecords widget."

what for me makes sense...

and when I use the scaffolding to create a screen with a TableRecord, in the parameters of List_navigation richwidget in the TotalRowCout parameter what appears is the count propriety of the get entity used in table record

Can somebody help me to understand that?

TIA

Solution

Hello Alberto,

This is because when you use pagination, the TableRecord/ListRecord will not retrieve all the records, but only those it needs for the actual page.

But to know the number of pages it will need to show, it needs to know how much records there are in the total. The total is found in the count of the aggregate.

The Count property of the aggregate is the number of the records that the "query" would retrieve, not only the number of retrieved records, that is the number you have in the List Length property

Does this make sense?

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

Solution

Thanks Eduardo, as usual a clear explication.

If you not mind could you indicate a place where I ccan get a deeper understand of all RichWidgets

Thanks again

Hello Alberto,

I use the OutSystems help to the most common widgets. But usually I end up doing tests to understand better, as not always the documentation is complete or correct.

I'll do some research on this subject and will try to compile information on them. I'll let you know when it is done :)

Cheers,

Eduardo Jauch