Exporting Files to Formated Excel

Exporting Files to Formated Excel

Hi,

I was searching here on the forum about Formated XSL Files, but all examples are from the 3.0 version and i cant get any idea from them.

Right now, which is the best way to export data from a RecordList for a formated XSL?

Regards,

Henrique

I would advise to use Advanced Excel component in forge.

Regards,

Carlos Freitas

Where I can get some sample of that? I didnt find one working...

Hi Henrique,

Here you can go. https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component/355/advanced-excel/  

Thanks,

-HM-

Hi,

Right I have already instaled the module of Advanced Excel, but what Im searching now is a sample to learn how to work with this module.

Sugestions?

Hi Henrique,

You can be use like this. I will share sample example with you asap.

Thanks,

-HM-

Hi,
This is what I have to export the rows that were selected. What im looking for is just the design of the Excel file, like size of the cell's, color, and that type of things.

Henrique Leite wrote:

Hi,
This is what I have to export the rows that were selected. What im looking for is just the design of the Excel file, like size of the cell's, color, and that type of things.

Hi Henrique

I don't think, The widget you are using has such feature to design your excel file. Like color, cell size etc. Rather, You can use the component which Hitesh suggested.

Sachin.

Hi,

I have been working for a while with the advanced Excel. My problem right now is how to define the right path, since my pc is in a Domain and how to pass the info of my rows to the workbook that I had oppen.

This is my main doubts.

Sry for my miss understanding right now...

The esiest way to get a path is just add the template spreadsheet as a resource on service studio, on the file properties "Deploy Action" choose "Deploy to Target Directory" and the on workbook open you should be able to do Resources."Name of the file".

Hope that helps,

Carlos

Henrique Leite wrote:

Hi,

I have been working for a while with the advanced Excel. My problem right now is how to define the right path, since my pc is in a Domain and how to pass the info of my rows to the workbook that I had oppen.

This is my main doubts.

Sry for my miss understanding right now...

I get the same mensage, even putting the file on resources, the environment cant acess the folder.

Hi Henrique,

You have to give R/W permission to IIS user upon the folder you are trying to store xlsx.

Sachin

Check support section of the component. You will find related posts with this.'

Hi,

Im right now trying to upgrade again the export a record list to excel. And at this moment I can reach the file, but the outsystems return this error:

File path:

"https://henriqueleite.outsystemscloud.com/Testes/TestesDBExport.xlsx"

Regards,

Henrique

Carlos Freitas wrote:

The esiest way to get a path is just add the template spreadsheet as a resource on service studio, on the file properties "Deploy Action" choose "Deploy to Target Directory" and the on workbook open you should be able to do Resources."Name of the file".

Hope that helps,

Carlos

Hi,

I want to use "Workbook_Open", but I don't know how to specify "Resources" in the field "FileName" in created book. Help me?