Need help in Business Process

Hi,

I am trying to create Business Process for "Incident Response",

This is the process,

A reported incident is initially evaluated by a front-line team that assesses the situation, severity, etc. and makes a determination if it should be sent to an assignee (for instance the department head) for review. The department head may decide to simply file the incident or pass it along to the remediation team to handle. Once the remediation team solves the issue the solution is reviewed by the designated executive, who needs to approve the solution or reject it. Once a solution is accepted and implemented, the Reporting Compliance team documents the entire incident and resolution.

I created following Business Process, But I am not make sure this is right or not.

Please give your valuable suggestions,

Thank you

HI,

I have 2 questions. 

1. Why FileOnly ends the process? (isnt what i see on BUsiness Process) same goes for false alarm.
  2. How the person that created the incident will know that you are waiting for more information? shouldnt they get a task too?

Best Regards,

Marcelo

Hello Marcelo,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I got your point, After reading your comment I saw flow again. its wrong to end process while status is FileOnly or FalseAlarm. Don't know why I make mistake :/

OK, Now I added one more user activity in my process called "submitter" & delete wait activity("WaitForMoreInfo"), while status is "NeedMoreInfo" or "FalseAlarm" then process goes to submitter user activity & after updating Incident by submitter it will again goes to FrontLine Assessment team.  

See the changes,

Please give your valuable feedback,

Thank you

Hi,

Now is a correct representation of the business process that you have. Now my question is what the Remediation/Response Team does if they don't have all the information needed?

Regards,

Marcelo

Hi,

I am using OnClose for all activities & verifying required information is filled for that activity or not, if not then activity will not close.   

So process does not come to Remediation/Response Team if incident don't have all the information.

If there is another option then please let me know.

Solution

Hi, 

If you are sure that that team will never need to send back anything is ok like this. Just saying you need to be critic about it. The business process should represent the client's flow. If  that department tell you that if they have that information they will never will send back the process everything is correct like this.

Regards,

Marcelo

Solution

Thank you Marcelo,

Actually in given flow that team does not send anything back, But as you said we need to be critic about it.

Your questions help me lot, Thank again for sharing your knowledge.