[XML Records] Unable to install XML Records

[XML Records] Unable to install XML Records

When I try to install XML Records I get this error message:

Upgrading: No need to upgrade Application.
Uploading: Uploading Application.
Uploading Extension: Uploading Extension XmlRecords.
Internal Error: You are not allowed to publish this extension. You don't have enough permissions over the database connections that own the following external entities: TestEntRecord.
Creating Application: Creating Application 'XML_Records'.
(Warning) Missing Extension: Required Extension XmlRecords was not found in this server.
(Warning) Missing Extension: Extension XmlRecords was not uploaded and no equal version was found on 'Development' to associate with this Application version. Publication errors may occur.
Verifying: Verifying the Application consistency and permission settings.
(Error) Empty Solution: Failed to publish 'XML_Records' solution because it is empty, or all modules have conflicts.
Preparing Deploy: Preparing deploy of 'XML_Records'.
Deploying: Deploying modules of 'XML_Records'.
(Error) Done: No modules were published.

Can somebody help me with this problem?

Best regards,

Alexander van Doorn

Solution

Hello Alexander,

I'm supposing you are talking about the XML Records component on Forge.

The error: Internal Error: You are not allowed to publish this extension. You don't have enough permissions over the database connections that own the following external entities: TestEntRecord.

This is telling that you (your IT user) don't have permission to use the database connection where the entity TestEntRecord will be created.

Ask your manager for permissions or ask someone with the right permissions to install it.

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch

EDIT. I'm assuming you are installing in an Enterprise OutSystems installation, as in the Personal, this error would not rise (I think).

Solution

Hello Eduardo,

Yes that is the component I am talking about.

That is weird since I have been able to create database entities of my own and install other modules without errors so far.

My manager currently isn't available so I can't look at the rights issue for now, but according to what I saw when we were accessing the users of our environment before, I should have full rights.

EDIT: Yes you are right, in my personal environment the error isn't occuring. I will look further into it when my manager is available. Thanks for the help and the quick reply.

Best regards,

Alexander van Doorn

Hope you get going this fast :)

Probably is a matter of setting one of the user security features that is not enabled (installing extensions, permission over an external database where the entity will be created, etc). 

Cheers,
Eduardo Jauch