Overriding Email Sender Name
Question

Hi All,

Is there any way to override the default sender name while sending the email from outsystems ?

In servicecenter, there is a sender Email and Sender Name. while using the email widget to send an email, we can override Sender Email to our custom one. But how to replace Sender Name ?

Different Applications in same server can have multiple sender name. 

Might be it is a basic question but still i wonder how to do it :)

well another generic method i found is the EmailAddressCreate() function which creates encoded value for 'From' Property. Click here for the reference.

Debasis Sahoo wrote:

well another generic method i found is the EmailAddressCreate() function which creates encoded value for 'From' Property. Click here for the reference.

Hi Debasis Sahoo

i have some problem

i work around from above

The Sender name was changed but email cannot change.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Debasis,

This works for me (at least for the Sender Name):

• set the From property of the email as "Debasis <debasis@somewhere.com>"

Did it work?

Cheers,

José

Hi @jose - Is there any way that we can change the sender email address as well just like sender name?

I told you its a basic thing i was not able to figure out. :)

Well Actually that worked for the E-Mails. Thanks  Jose !

well another generic method i found is the EmailAddressCreate() function which creates encoded value for 'From' Property. Click here for the reference.

Debasis Sahoo wrote:

well another generic method i found is the EmailAddressCreate() function which creates encoded value for 'From' Property. Click here for the reference.

Hi Debasis Sahoo

i have some problem

i work around from above

The Sender name was changed but email cannot change.

Is there any way that we can change the sender email address as well just like sender name?

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.